WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Can't connect WEMO Mini to Apple Home app

I just purchased my first WEMO mini smart plug and I've succesfully connected it to my WiFi network. I can conrtol the mini plug through the WEMO app but I can not connect the mini plug to Apple's Home app. When I follow the steps to connect the mini plug to the Home app, my iPhone displays the following message on the screen: "To begin connecting, please close and relaunch the WEMO app. Then return to this screen." No matter how many times I close the WEMO app, restart the app and try to connect to Apple's Home app I get the same message and I'm prevented from connecting to the Home app. I checked and all firmware is update to date and since this is my first WEMO device I've purchased I'm out of ideas here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Bill

Re: Can't connect WEMO Mini to Apple Home app

I have the same problem. I’d love to see a solution. I also have gen 1 plugs so I can’t install through the home app.

Same here. Just got it today. Absolutely nothing works. Used an iPad even. Nothing. Support has been a joke. About to just send it right back to Amazon.

@wshives 

Hi there! What is the iOS version of the phone that you're using on the integration? Have you tried using another handheld device, force close both apps, delete cache/cookies, or uninstall-reinstall the Wemo app to isolate it further? Make sure too that the phone is connected on the same Wi-Fi band (2.4 GHz) if the router/modem supports dual band connection. If still unable to connect via Homekit, we'll get you over to our Escalation Engineers so they can run further diagnosis on the setback. We're able to check your records too, and saw that you've just contacted our Support team about this matter. 

@Jamesc408 and @Airb330

Were you able to try the adjustments done by @wshives? If not, please try to do so including the additional steps so we can check it further before you set the unit aside. If the still giving us results, let us have our Escalation Engineers look into this further. Please shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details:

- Full Name.
- Phone Number and Location - City/State.
- Community Username.
- Link to this Community thread for reference.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

Hi Carl, thank you for the reply. My iPhone is on iOS v12.1. I tried using my wfe's iPhone which is still on iOS 12.0 but I get the same result. I have deleted the WEMO app and reset the mini outlet, reinstalled the app and started from scratch with the outlet but I still can't get past that message. I worked with WEMO tech support but to no avail. I can confirm that my iPhone is connected to my WiFi at 5 GHz and the mini is connected at 2.4 GHz. I'll try to see if I can get my iPhone to connect to my WiFi at 2.4 GHz but in the meatime do you have any other suggestions?

@wshives

I'm afraid that we're running out of troubleshooting steps here. No worries, our Escalation Engineers will be able to provide advance isolation on this matter. Keep us posted on how it goes so we can go ahead and get you over to the team.  

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

I am having the exact same issue. I think I’ve tried every suggestion I have found with the same results as OP. When trying to add the Gen 1 mini to HomeKit within the Wemo app, the “Connect” button is greyed out. No other errors show during the adding process. Just when trying to add to HomeKi. Mini works fine in Wemo app.

iPhone XS on iOS 12.1
Both devices on 2.4ghz network.
App and Mini are both on latest.
Reset/Removed everything.

@RXDI,

Let's have our Escalation Engineers investigate this issue further. Please send us an email at Wemocares@belkin.com with the following details and the link to this community thread for reference.

• Full name
  • Username
  • Phone number
Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

Same problem hub will not install . Go through all set up fictions and never connects! Tried several times .
Reverts to adding to home kit . Do the photo or enter the number and never connects .. sits a spins and finally times out. Got for mini units got one to install in the house and it did the firmware update ! Now it does not work!
Does this stuff really work or is it a joke?

Hello lynfordd

Allow us to look at this. May we know the OS and version of the handheld device? What's the current Wemo app version and Wemo mini firmware? Are you getting any error messages? Make sure that the mini is working on the Wemo app. 

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support