02-05-2017 08:27 AM
02-05-2017 08:34 AM
02-05-2017 10:46 AM
02-06-2017 11:13 AM
02-06-2017 11:27 AM
Well, this seems to be a very rare problem. Most everyone else can connect to the wemo's access point with their phone (though quite a few get tripped up by the "prefer internet connections" settings) and don't run into problems until they try to connect the wemo to their router.
To confirm, you're saying that even before you start the wemo app you get the message that the phone itself cannot connect to the wemo's dedicated access point, right? So it's nothing to do with the wemo app or your router, it's strictly an issue between your phone and the wemos.
It could well be that both wemos have the same defect (though I agree that's unlikely). It could be both phones are the rare case that won't allow connection to a non-internet connected non-encrypted wifi access point. Are they both the same model?
Ideas remaining from me:
1) Quadruple check the instructions to make sure you're not missing a step.
2) Remove ALL of your phone's saved wifi definitions so that they only connection choice is the wemo's local AP and turn off network data (to be sure use airplane mode then reactivate wifi separately if it's possible)
3) Try an android emulator like genymotion on a pc to see if you can convince it to run the belkin app and connect (this is pretty complicated)
4) Buy a low end PAYG (don't pay to activate it) or ebay android device to use for setting up the wemos
02-07-2017 01:14 PM
02-09-2017 04:48 PM
Did the Android work for you? Are they both just Wemo switches?
02-26-2017 09:23 PM
We'd like to get our support team to assist you further. Send us an email at WEMOCares@belkin.com with your contact details and the link to this community post.
WEMO Technical Support
03-01-2017 01:31 PM
I've got a similar problem I believe; Can get as far as discovering wifi networks (after having to disable my cell connection to stay on the right wifi), and put in what I 100% know is the correct password for the correct AP. It'll sit and think to itself for a while, and then tell me I'm wrong.
Things I've tried to resolve;
1) The Smart Hub joins it's bands so there are common SSID's between 2.4G and 5G channels. I separated the channels and it did no good.
2) Disabled BT's "Smart Setup" option
03-01-2017 01:38 PM
3) Switched the "Wireless Mode" setting to Compatibility mode, to no effect. (http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/562
At this point I've got a pointless product and am starting to look for alternatives.