Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Can't link WeMo to Google Home

What workarounds have you tried so far, JManSGV? Please consider the following
▪ if possible, power cycle your router and modem
▪ force close the Wemo app and Google Home app
▪ make sure that Google Hub is set up accordingly
▪ make sure that the handheld device you are using is on the same Wi-Fi network as the Google Home hub

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support

Hi all,
A quick update for all who has been expressing similar issues to my original reported problem.

What finally solved for me was that I used another Pixel 3 device to link my Wemo to Google Home. I can't explain why using another Pixel 3 device works. I've communicated with Level 2 technical support from Belkin/Wemo and they too can't explain why. This is really strange. So bottom line for me - using another Pixel 3 device to link my Wemo to Google Home. Hope this works for others following this thread. Thanks!

I am also having the same issue. My wemo plug will not connect to Google home. I also just got the latest firmware. If reset the plug, software, app, etc. With the same results... Not connecting. Very frustrating.

I'm on Android 9 with the Dec security patch on a pixel 2xl

I'm having the same is with both Google and Alexa. Using a Pixel 2 and all software and hardware have been updated. I have rebooted the router, plugs, phone...
Getting the same error as everyone here appears to have.
I called customer support today and they were unhelpful.
Would love to hear a solution!

@Peter59 

Hi there! What is the exact model number of the Wemo plug that you have? Are you still able to control them via Wemo App with no issues? For further isolation, make sure that the Google Home is working with the Google Home App. Unlink and relink the Wemo unit by following the steps found in this link: https://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=224185&_ga=2.177408355.770775726.1546122663-203...Using another handheld device on the integration with an updated version of both Wemo and Google Home App could do the trick too. 

If setback recurs, let's have our Escalation Engineers look into this further and provide assistance. Please shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details:

- Full name.

- Phone number and Location - City or State.

MAC Addresses of the Wemo Minis.

- Community Username.

- The link to this thread for reference.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

@SamFrederick 

If all the steps above has been exhausted, we highly recommend to send us an email so we can have our Escalation Engineers look into this further. Please include on your email the MAC address of the Wemo device/s, your location - city or state, Community Username, and the link to this post for easy reference. 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

Hi Carl. Thanks for responding. I have both a wemo mini plug and an insight plug. They both have the same issue... Not being able to connect to Google home. I can control both with the wemo app... No issues there. Both plugs received the latest firmware update. I will send an email to your engineers as you suggest. I do think it is an issue on wemo's side. Too many people are having the same problems. Thank you.

It's obvious that the only people having the problem are on Google Products aka Android 9.0

This happened when Android 8.0 was released.

[ Edited ]

I'm also having a similar issue with getting my Google Home to connect to my Wemo Mini Smart Plugs. They were working fine until yesterday. Google home would give me an error, "Sorry, I couldn't reach Wemo". 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 running the latest Android 8.0. I can still control my smart plugs within the Wemo app, butI cannot use Google Home to control them.

Things that I've tried:

1. Made sure I'm connected to my home 2.4ghz network.

2. Disabling / Re-enabling Remote Access within the Wemo App

3. Unplugging the Wemo Smart Plug from the outlet and replugging them in.

4. Restarting my home network.

5. Force closing both the Wemo and Google Home app.

6. Uninstalling / Reinstalling the Wemo app from the Google Play Store.

7. Removing Wemo from my Google Home and trying to re-add it. However, now I get an error when trying to add Wemo: "Couldn't update your setting. Check your connection."

My smart plugs are running on the latest firmware: 2.00.11143.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2

See attached screenshots. 

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Screenshot_20181230-214318_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20181230-214328_Google.jpg