12-27-2018 08:33 PM
What workarounds have you tried so far, JManSGV? Please consider the following
▪ if possible, power cycle your router and modem
▪ force close the Wemo app and Google Home app
▪ make sure that Google Hub is set up accordingly
▪ make sure that the handheld device you are using is on the same Wi-Fi network as the Google Home hub
12-28-2018 05:59 PM
12-29-2018 03:19 PM
12-29-2018 04:14 PM
12-29-2018 04:34 PM
Hi there! What is the exact model number of the Wemo plug that you have? Are you still able to control them via Wemo App with no issues? For further isolation, make sure that the Google Home is working with the Google Home App. Unlink and relink the Wemo unit by following the steps found in this link: https://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=224185&_ga=2.177408355.770775726.1546122663-203...Using another handheld device on the integration with an updated version of both Wemo and Google Home App could do the trick too.
If setback recurs, let's have our Escalation Engineers look into this further and provide assistance. Please shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details:
- Full name.
- Phone number and Location - City or State.
- MAC Addresses of the Wemo Minis.
- Community Username.
- The link to this thread for reference.
12-29-2018 04:47 PM
If all the steps above has been exhausted, we highly recommend to send us an email so we can have our Escalation Engineers look into this further. Please include on your email the MAC address of the Wemo device/s, your location - city or state, Community Username, and the link to this post for easy reference.
12-29-2018 05:26 PM
12-30-2018 09:56 PM - edited 12-30-2018 09:57 PM
I'm also having a similar issue with getting my Google Home to connect to my Wemo Mini Smart Plugs. They were working fine until yesterday. Google home would give me an error, "Sorry, I couldn't reach Wemo".
I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 running the latest Android 8.0. I can still control my smart plugs within the Wemo app, butI cannot use Google Home to control them.
Things that I've tried:
1. Made sure I'm connected to my home 2.4ghz network.
2. Disabling / Re-enabling Remote Access within the Wemo App
3. Unplugging the Wemo Smart Plug from the outlet and replugging them in.
4. Restarting my home network.
5. Force closing both the Wemo and Google Home app.
6. Uninstalling / Reinstalling the Wemo app from the Google Play Store.
7. Removing Wemo from my Google Home and trying to re-add it. However, now I get an error when trying to add Wemo: "Couldn't update your setting. Check your connection."
My smart plugs are running on the latest firmware: 2.00.11143.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2
See attached screenshots.
Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.