WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Can't link WeMo to Google Home

Not sure if anyone here read my earlier comment above. Try using another smartphone or Pixel device to link the Wemo to Google Home. That did the trick for me.

All the procedure of resetting and restarting doesn't help. Using another Pixel device solved the problem.

Thanks

About 8 months ago this is what I had to do to resolve my issue, but I don't have any other smartphones in my house to use any longer so this isn't an option for me Smiley Sad

On hold for over 30 minutes with this problem - using iOS devices. Unacceptable. Have reset everything multiple times.  Was working and then one of the wemo switches would intermittently fail, so reset everything and now google home will not account link/pair which appears to be a Belkin web services problem, correct?

Also oath.xwemo.com is un-reachable - absolute buyers remorse

Having the same issue as reported by others. All of my WeMo switches stopped working with my Google Home yesterday afternoon. I unlinked WeMo and now cannot link it. I get the same "Couldn't update the settings. Check connection." error on my Android phone. I force stopped both WeMo and Home, still not linking. Disabled/Enabled Remote Access. Factory reset switch and reconnected. Uninstalled/Installed WeMo app. I tried my iPad and that also failed to link after detecting my switch. All devices work with the WeMo app, both locally and remotely (using cellular). I have other devices working successfully with Google Home, only WeMo stopped working. Relevant info (other info sent via email):

Phone: Galaxy S8
Android Version: 8.0.0
WiFi Network: Netgear Orbi Mesh
Switch Type: WeMo Mini
Hardware Version: v2
Firmware Version: 2.00.1143.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2

I had the same problem as everyone here, and I fixed it. As derektem said, having another smartphone may be the key, but I was able to do it with one smartphone, as long as I could log into a different ACCOUNT on that smartphone.

This is what I did, on my Pixel 2:
1. Try, fruitlessly to connect on my main account. Log into the wemo app, and under "remote access", take note of what devices are specified. For me, my pixel 2 was NOT listed.
2. In the phone's settings, go to system->advanced->multiple users. Add a new user, ideally with an alt Google account you already have or some new one.
3. Once you've signed in as the new user, install the wemo app,and open it.
4. As the new user, you should still be able to control your devices, confirm that you can.
5. As the new user, go to the Remote access setting and see if a new device now shows up (which should be the smartphone you're using, for me it was Pixel 2)
6. If a new device does show up, then sign back in to the primary user account on your phone. Close out all running instances of the wemo app and Google home.
7. Open the wemo app as the primary user, and confirm that the new "connected device" is present under the remote access option.
8. Go through the setup procedure on the Google home app.

For me, once I did all of the above, it just "worked". I suspect this has something to do with an implicit link between accounts and devices that probably is most problematic when someone changes phones but preserves their data/settings from the old phone. If that's the case, it might be possible to delete all saved data from wemo and reinstall the app without messing with the extra users, but I can't recreate the issue to test this.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Hi, everyone. Our engineers looked into the reports concerning Wemo-Google Home integration; they were successful in deploying a fix. Here are the recommended workarounds:
i. verify that the Wemo devices work with the Wemo app locally and remotely
ii. power cycle both Wemo and Google devices
iii. unlink and relink Wemo to Google Home
iv. force close and relaunch Wemo and Google Home app
v. try using another handheld device

Should the issue persists on your end, please send an email to the WemoCares@belkin.com with the following information
▪ your username and link to this thread for reference
▪ firmware version of the Wemo devices
▪ Wemo app version
▪ Google Home app version
▪ model and OS version of the handheld device
▪ your name
▪ city/state
▪ phone number
▪ email address

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support

"they were successful in deploying a fix. "

Then why am I still having the issue at 8:45pm EST January 1st, 2019?

As of 9:50 am Wed Jan 2 mine still does not work.

Did either of you try the multiple accounts technique I posted above? It worked for me, and I'm curious if it worked for anyone else.