WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't see WEMO Network

New Mini, F7C063, delivered today & it will not show Wemo network on any of my android devices (android ver 6, 7 & 8). It continues to blink white/amber (about 45 min now). Tried factory reset a couple of times, no difference. Changed wifi network to different 2.4 speed, no difference. I purchased a different mini towards the end of last year and it has work fine since installed. There is a light ratteling when mini is lightly shaken but not like something is rolling around.

Re: Can't see WEMO Network

Hi, Bh2roam.
Blinking white and amber means it's ready for setup. Have you tried it on a different power outlet? Try turning the wifi off and on on your mobile device. If that didn't work, manually connect to the Wemo SSID. 

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support

I have tried several outlets, all have the same result. I also have tourned wifi on and off several times with no change. Using the 'add network' choice on the Wi-Fi page shows that the SSID Wemo.Mini.6C2 is not found.

Noted. We suggest you try the 30-30-30 hard reset. If the issue persists, email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your full name, phone number, location, and link to this thread.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support
WEMO Maker Inventor

Do you have any idea how much trouble a 30-30-30 reset is?  Let alone resetting a wemo or worst of all changing the wifi password and needing to reset them all.  You want him to totally reset and reconfigure his network - the one that's working with all of his other devices - because your wemo isn't working?

He's NOT HAVING A PROBLEM WITH HIS ROUTER!  Did you read?  The problem is he can't see the wemo's wifi network when it's acting as an AP.  You even said yourself the wemo is in AP mode.  So either he has a defective wemo device, or his phone settings won't let him connect to the wemo's broadcast ip.  The first step should be to tell him to check his advanced wifi settings to make sure they're not "prefer networks with internet access".  THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS ROUTER!

Maybe all caps will trigger an update to your help procedures and you'll stop wasting customer time.

They literally can’t. They are reading an automated English translation, then building a response by clicking phrase buttons. The moderators can neither read nor write in English.

Thank you MikeP.

Yes my router is working fine with 2 phones, 2 tablets, at least 2 computers, a printer and another mini that was installed last year. And all have been working for many months.

Just for the heck of I did another factory reset and plugged the mini in very near the router. After 4 hours, the mini was still blinking amber/white while not showing up as a network on either cell, a computer or the Wifi Analyzer Android App on both cells.

I will take the Pamela's advise and send this all to Belkin.

I'd replace the unit if you cannot see it on any other device or the network. Especialy if there is a little rattling coming from inside.

This seems like a bug with the latest firmware. Since the firmware update my wemo’s have been unusable