WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't set up long press

Just installed a new wemo Lightswitch. Have everything working with regular pressed. Can control from wemo app. Set up a schedule on/off. Want to use a long press but do not have that option in the app. Option is grayed out and says "light switch or dimmer required". Ideas?

Re: Can't set up long press

Older firmware, the problem is that it can be a pain to get it to update. The app is supposed to prompt you to update firmware, but you often have to reset the switch. Firmware should be ...10966...

Thanks. Looks like I am running 10060. Reading posts about all the headaches people have to go through to get firmware to update (reset this, then reboot, then delete app and reinstall, reload all rules...), wondering if this stuff is worth the effort. This is my second device. Does not seem they are ready for prime time. Have to think if I really want to continue down the wemo path.

I’m pretty much in the same boat. As I was responding to you, I had just installed my third switch and it had an older firmware. I just decided to let it ride and see what happened, and I finally got the firmware update notification last night. From what I gather, the problems seem mostly to be related to the app and their servers.

Deleted the app and reinstalled it. Been almost 24 hours and no updates. Just do not understand why they do not just add an option to the app to check for firmware updates manually. It would solve a ton of issues.

Do you hear me, Belkin? If you can't fix this little issue with an application update, you will probably continue to lose customers. Not giving up yet but bad firmware is a real issue. Give us a manual update option. Got these two for Christmas. Was thinking of automating at least 15 more circuits. Not going to do it until the firmware issues are resolved.
Highlighted

Finally got a firmware update after my wife installed the Wemo software on her iPhone. I reinstalled it on my S8 and never got an update. Once her update went through, the long press option showed up. Going to hold off on buying any more devices until firmware update problems are resolved. Not worth this much fiddling just to get something to work the way it should. If there was an option in the app to manually update firmware, I would have no issues. Just do not get why that is not available.