12-03-2018 04:42 PM
On December 1st, WeMo's Remote Access went down. I along with others were "unable to enable Remote Access." While trying to troubleshoot the issue, I "unlinked" my WeMo from my Google Home. At the time I did not know that the issue with Remote Access was on WeMo's end. WeMo fixed their Remote Access problem the next day, December 2nd.
Ever since Remote Access has been fixed, now over 48 hours, I have been unable to "relink" WeMo to Google Home.
Again, each of these pages says at the top: "oauth.xwemo.com". Sounds to me like a Wemo website, which would mean a WeMo problem, not a Google problem. So I ask the customer service rep about "oauth.xwemo.com". Who owns it? She's says never heard of it, don't know anything about it.
Seriously?? This is a Google problem and you don't know anything about the authentication process and where it sends you? Maybe this is Google's problem, but it is strange that problem didn't start until WeMo's Remote Access when down. Sounds very coincidental to me.
This is not my first issue with WeMo, why should I have so many issues with WeMo, when it was supposed to simplify my life not stress it.
I've probably tried to relink the devices 50 times in the last 48 hours with the same annoying result. IFTTT works, but you can't group your devices by room to turn off all at once or I wouldn't bother with WeMo.
Would love to know if anyone else has experienced this problem and what they've done to solve it, if they did.
12-03-2018 05:10 PM
Sounds similar to what I just went through with the same time frame. I too unlinked and got the oauth.xwemo.com when I tried to relink. I went through the process of entering network and MAC address of device. When the two-minute timer was on, I clicked the switch on a WeMo Mini and it never got recognized so the timer would run out.
Magically, it just ended up linking yesterday, without me doing anything. My Wemo devices are showing again on Google Home but whenever I try to turn them on or off, I get a something went wrong message. I uninstalled and reinstalled Google Home, Google Assistant and WeMo apps on my phone, checked that firmware was updated and still nothing.
12-03-2018 05:20 PM
Failed to mention the following.
But, yes twice I got the two-minute timer, tried every light switch in the house (the timer will let you reset) and none of my mini’s or switch’s were recognized.
I also uninstalled my Google Home and Assistant apps, uninstalled WeMo app, factory reset my Google Home & Mini, and unplugged my router to reset it too. Plugged the router back in first, waited till it was up and running and then reset up my Home & Mini and reinstalled all my apps. Made sure all firmware was up-to-date too.
None of that work helped. Not sure what else to try.
12-04-2018 01:16 PM
We recently had problems with the Wemo Remote Access, but our engineers have already fixed it. If you'll still encounter the same issue, we suggest that you try to power cycle your router and see if you'll be able to link your Wemo devices to Google.
If not, we'll endorse your case to our Escalation Engineers for further assistance. Please send us an email at Wemocares@belkin.com with the following details and the link to this community thread for reference.
12-04-2018 01:36 PM
Power cycle our router? That would be one nasty problem - was it a virus in your cloud servers? If you've done something that let a problem into our routers or our home networks (and it's quite possible to do so - e.g. Cisco's warning of the the NSA exploit that, like wemo, uses UPNP) I hope you'll be doing more than encouraging us to restart our routers. What happens to customers that aren't following this community?
12-30-2018 09:31 PM - edited 12-30-2018 09:32 PM
I was linked to google home. Had to change out routers and now wemo can't link to Google home. Everything else does. It finds the switch and I hit "Yes, thats' me" connecting blinks on then off and says cannot update, check connection. Please help. I also get a window popup that says Wemo has stopped.
12-31-2018 09:04 AM
12-31-2018 09:13 AM
This is exactly what I was saying a month ago and I’m about ready to migrate over to another product. I know I keep threathening to switch and as time passes and more people post the same problem it becomes clearer that Wemo can’t or won’t fix the issue. Amonth with no fix is unacceptable. They supposedly escalated my case at that time and now a month later no fix. Christmas is now past and you would have thought WEMO would want a working product for Christmas sales. I know I did’t buy anymore product from WEMO and recommended to all my friends not to buy. Not holding my breathe anymore on this company.