WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot see device in app or Alexa

My issue is pretty simple, I installed 4 Wemo Dimmers this weekend and I cannot get them to show up in the app or with Alexa.

To troubleshoot, I have done the following:

Rebooted my router

Factory reset dimmers and a working switch

Uninstalled/reinstalled Wemo app on two iPhones running the same OS version

Attmpeted install from an older iPad

As a test, I reset one of my working Wemo switches and now I cannot see that with Alexa or in the app.  The maunal fuctions of all the switches work fine, there is no enhanced working functionality working at this time.  As well, all 4 dimmers show their original wi-fi names (ex: Wemo.dimmer.215) for example.  Multiple resets do not change anything.  

At this point, I am out of ideas.  Everything else I have is working, but the app will not show any of these devices.  

Re: Cannot see device in app or Alexa

Minor update.  My reset switch is now being seen by Alexa.

However, I still cannot see any devices in the app nor can I add the dimmers,

Have you enabled the WeMo skill for Alexa? It is required for the dimmers.

Yes, the skill works perfect for the 4 switches and the plug.

But nothing on the dimmer.

Another update:

I tried to reset the device via the breaker, still no luck.

I cannot get any of the dimmers to show up in the app.  They only work manually thus far.

New update:

I spent 2 hours with support going through suggestions that made no sense, like turning on a moblie hotspot (huh?).  Had no luck and they gave me the following case ID 08992545

I upgraded to the newest iPhone app, with no avail.  I cannot see any of my working devices in the app.

However, I did install the Wemo app on my mom's Android phone and was able to see all of my plugs and switches.  I attempted to reset a dimmer to try another install, it did not work.

To recap, dimmers cannot be seen from the Wemo app, install process does not complete on either version of the app, I cannot update firmware on the dimmers and the dimmers cannot be seen from Alexa.  Very frustrating getting these to actually work.

Let's have our 2nd Level Support Team check on this further, kevinmac1121. We've created a new case for you and have endorsed it to the Team. A representative will get in touch with you within 24-48 business hours. Also, we've taken note of the feedback and we'll have the case investigated.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Thank you.  How will they be contacting me?

They will call you from a 1-800 number and the technician will forget that his headset is on mute so when you answer you’ll get nothing but silence. The case will then be marked closed/unresponsive.