WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot view video feeds on cellular connection

[ Edited ]

I can view my camera feeds via the Netcam app on any wifi connection (home, work, friend's house, McDonald's, etc.) but anytime I am using a cellular connection (currently four bars of 4G LTE on AT&T network) I get the error message "Cannot receive data.  Please check your internet connection, or adjust the Regular Stream settings for this camera."  I receive the same message for every camera I have.

Just to cut down the troubleshooting here I've already verified my data service functions correctly with 1.0 Mbps download speed, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Netcam app, I have verified all my APN settings with my service provider, and I have lowered my resolution/frame rate settings for the cameras.

Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Cannot view video feeds on cellular connection

Since you are able to remotely view the video feed via WiFi, the remote access is working fine. But you should be able to view the feeds with 4G LTE. If you use another phone with 4G LTE, are you able to view the feeds? If it works with another phone then we can say that it's not the NetCam.

I am having the same issue. A month ago I was able to view the video feed from work, now it is telling me to "check my internet connection or adjust the regular stream settings." I am on Verizon 4G LTE. What is the point of having a netcam at home if I can't view it when I am not at home???

Check for wireless congestion. Maybe a wireless signal is interfering your network and caused the NetCam to disconnect. Adjust your router's wireless settings. I would suggest that you use apps/tools like inSSIDer to help choose the best channel for your network environment.

Strange though that it will work when I'm home and on the same wi-fi as the camera. If I had some wireless congestion, wouldn't I also not be able to see the camera at home and on wi-fi? I'm also noticing now out of no-where that when my wife and I both attempt to connect at home with the app, it logs one of us off and says "someone else is already logged on to the camera." We never had this problem before either. We used to be able to both view the camera in the app together at the same time, and I was able to view the camera from work on my 4G LTE. I don't understand what happened?!

I think the message "someone else is already logged on to the camera" is normal. I've been getting that since the time I got my camera for my dog's litter. My girlfriend and I gradually checks on them and sometimes we get the same error if we try to do it at the same time. AT&t offers 'Smart Security'. Would it be possible that they blocked security camera streaming online using 4G/LTE?

I can not veiw my camera on any network but my home network, why?

I have the same issue
Expert

@bkeate

Make sure that the remote access is enabled.

Winber - 28302
Wemo Technical Support