06-03-2015 10:37 PM
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-04-2015 03:42 AM
If you change your router settings you’ll need to restore the WEMO devices to its original settings. Here are some useful links to help you:
08-14-2015 10:09 AM
It is very inconvenient to reset all of the WEMO devices just because of a simple change in the wireless network, but since the WEMO devices are dependent on the wireless connection, I can't see any other way to make this easy. Especially since the WEMO devices and your router will be registered in a WEMO cloud, a slight change will affect everything.
02-02-2016 12:56 PM
I agree that there is not a good way, but there is a way :
1. Before changing your WiFi password, edit each Wemo device In the app. Choose 'Reset Options' then 'Reset Wi-Fi settings'.
2. Once all the devices have been reset, you can change the WiFi password in all your access points.
3. Now log your phone into the WiFi with the new password.
4. Go to your WiFi settings on the phone and log into one of the self-broadcast Wemo networks.
5. Switch to the Wemo app and wait while it connects to that Wemo and sets it to the new network.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each Wemo.
7. If any have failed to reset, you may need to do a full reset on them. You will need to input their names again after the reset, but they should be recognized by the app and have their rules restored.
Alternately, if you have the hardware, you can have two wifi networks active at the same time and move the wemos from one network to the other by reseting their WiFi as described above on one phone (or tablet) and then reseting them to the other network on a second phone or tablet (each one logged into the appropriate network).
Hopefully future versions of the app will address this hole in the system. Having to go through all the devices one by one really limits the number that it is practical to have. I have about 25 in my museum and that's already too many for this kind of process.
04-15-2016 10:14 PM
04-16-2016 02:07 PM
Hi, GRClark. What is the current firmware version installed on your WEMO devices? Make sure that your WEMO devices have the latest firmware version.
08-04-2016 06:40 PM
Hi Doris! Please make sure that you are connected to your new WiFi network. For reconnection of the Wemo, you may try this link: http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=8010