WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Deleting Remote access for old phones and devices

I have just started to reuse an Old WeMo Switch, however there does not appear to be a way to remove the phones I was using with it two years ago, which I have since sold.

I do not want them listed but disabled, I want to delete them.

Since I intend to use this switch with remote access, this is potentially a big security issue for me.

I have tried to reset the device back to factory settings, and to delete all rules and data, but the blasted devices remain.

Please tell me that I have the wrong end of the stick and that the developers are not total numpties?

Re: Deleting Remote access for old phones and devices

Make sure that your WEMO's firmware is up to date. Clear the cache on your smartphone. If it's android, go to manage application, then tap the WEMO app and clear data. I know this last suggestion is quite complicated, but this worked for me before. Try renaming/changing your router's SSID then try to connect your devices again. Good luck!

Community Manager

Hi GavinMeek,

It's not available in the app yet.  Can you send the Report A Problem listing to me in a private message and what devices you want removed?  I'll get them removed for you on our end.

Regards,

Robert S.

Belkin Technical Support

Why hasn't this been added to the app yet? This is a huge security issue, I have about 10 different devices which I no longer own that still show and are enabled for remote access.

I have now disabled them but it completely unacceptable to not have a way to remove devices which you no longer own.  My wemo has at the odd time turned itself off, and now has me worried. 

At the very least I hope a device that was wiped does not retain access. Which would explain why I see a few duplicates, came Belkin confirm?

Hi johnsnow. We will relay your feedback to our engineering team. You have mentioned of seeing duplicate devices in the WEMO app. Could you email us the details of what happened so that we can forward your case to our tier 2 Support team for assistance?

Zeb_10124
WEMO Technical Support

Like i said the duplicates most like were me just wiping and setting up the same phone, however it is still completely unacceptable for a could connectdd device to not have a way to delete old hardware that has remote access.

Remote Access should not be setup by default and should at least be pin portected so random people cannot enable it if they are connected to the same network

Yea i have an immediate need for this. I had guests over that i gave them access to my WiFi and WEMO to open and close my garage. Now that theyre gone, they need to be denied access.

Gogo2390 wrote:
Yea i have an immediate need for this. I had guests over that i gave them access to my WiFi and WEMO to open and close my garage. Now that theyre gone, they need to be denied access.

You can disable their access by toggling off their access when you are at home.

i agree though, there's no reason why it should require a level 2 support agent to remove these devices so they don't show up in the app.  I had some removed earlier this week and then I ended up with duplicates again yesterday when I turned remote access off and back on.  Now I have to try and get in contact with level 2 support again to get them removed.   I can be disable in the app, there's no reason not to allow them to be deleted as well. 

I have about 6 rogue devices. who do I contact to have them removed?

I never thought to look at this before. Under 'devices connected' I see a couple of names, neither of which I recognise, but I guess are how my android devices are identified. I just can't see where the names come from (I'm not very familiar with mobile phones or android). So if someone could cure my ignorance that would be appreciated.

Secondly, assuming I could work out which name goes with which device, it would be really useful if we could edit in a 'user friendly' name to the list, so I don't have to just remember that GT-B4577R is my wife's phone or whatever.