WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Deleting old devices from Remote Access (not just disabling them)

I noticed two old devices on the Remote Access of my Wemo Switch. I would like to delete these and not just disable them please. I’ve seen from other posts this can to be done by Belkin technical support?

It’s crazy that this is STILL not yet a feature on the app. I found a post dating back to 5th April 2015 regarding this (http://community.wemo.com/t5/WEMO-Hardware/Deleting-Remote-access-for-old-phones-and-devices/td-p/94...) and a lot of others since then. Come on guys pull your socks up!

Re: Deleting old devices from Remote Access (not just disabling them)

We understand your concern, goochmonster. We'll have our Escalation Engineers look into this. To proceed, please send us an email at WemoCares@Belkin.com with a screenshot of the Remote Access showing the old devices, the MAC address of an active Wemo device, your username, the link to this post, and your contact details (name, address, and phone number).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support

Same form response for the last 3 years. As far as I have figured out, The only way to remove old devices listed under remote access is to do a complete factory reset on all devices.

Seriously, WeMo. Great product, but this is 2018. A simple swipe left on each disabled device to remove from app is a pretty simple programming solution.

I’m abhorred.

I got this resolved after two weeks of back-and-forth with Belkin 1st line technical support. Asking me to do the basic stuff I already said I have done–factory switch, reinstall the app etc. Then finally they escalated it to 2nd line support who removed it that day. What a joke.

How did you get it removed? On their end?

Hi all

From what I've read about this situation on these pages over the years (yes, YEARS), the old devices have to be removed from the Belkin cloud by Belkin itself. You are all quite right about this being an unacceptable situation especially as there must be millions of Belkin WeMo users on the cloud servers.

I suspect that the Belkin cloud was not initiated being future-proof for WeMo and that it is now so convoluted and complex that a solution for the users of the app to remove old devices just cannot be deployed at this late stage.

Any comment on that, Belkin?

Regards

Pete

The issue was taken care of by Level 2 support and now my old device is no longer showing in the list of remote access devices.

Thank you. I appreciate the quick escalation to 2nd Level Suport.

I suppose our frustration shared here, is aimed at the fact that this problem has persisted with supports’ knowledge for over 3 years. So instead of fixing the app to include a delete option, WeMo choses to deal with the issue on a one-by-one basis. That becomes time consuming for both the company and the customer, when both parties could be doing something more productive. This should be a quick fix by app developers in the next update.

I have been waiting for this quick fix for many year! I pretty much already give up on this. I don’t think Belkin has the ability to fix this.

The issue was taken care of by Level 2 support and now my old device is no longer showing in the list of remote access devices.

Check this to get more updates on the latest apps. https://droidbull.com/

check this to get more updates on the latest apps. https://droidbull.com/