WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Device firmware is current however Andriod WEMO app indicates update failed

I have four light switches and two switches currently installed; and according to the Android WEMO application they all contain firmware version WW_2.00.10939-PVT-OWRT-LS or SNS.  However, the main WEMO Android application UI intermittently indicates "Firmware Update Failed" on three of the four light switches and one of the two switches.  It is interesting that sometimes I open the application and there are not any update failed messages contained in the UI and then the next time I open the application the same 3 light switches and 1 switch (always the same devices) will indicate the update failed even though all devices have what I believe to be the latest firmward installed.

Just recently, one light switch will be greyed out and unable to be controlled remotely by the application.  Next time I open the app, it is listed normally and is controllable.

It seems to me the application is a bit flakey and has inconsistent behavior.  Has anyone else experienced either of the above behaviors and identified the root cause / solution?

Re: Device firmware is current however Andriod WEMO app indicates update failed

[ Edited ]

I have the same on my Maker but it doesn't say it all the time. Probably just another bug in the already super buggy app. Fix one thing and break another

Have you tried to clear data and force stop the app?
Highlighted

Thank youj Rpeshek for the suggestion.  Yes, I have force stopped/restarted the applicaton a few times and then behavior has continued.   Occasionally, the "Update Failed" message will not be displayed however I haven't been able to isolate the mechanism/action that causes it to disappear.  Whenever it does disappear, it typically will reappear the first time I open the application the next day.  It doesn't seem to be causing any issue with the app/device performance, just annoying and inaccurate.

I'm pretty sure the second issue I mentioned (device not active in the application) is due to the switch losing the WIFI connection from time to time.  I have 3 lights switches all within 10 feet of each other and only this one exhibits this behavior. 

Belkin seems uncommitted to good software. My interfaces to the Wemo switch controlling closed circuit camera and my Wemo WiFi fir controlling light bulbs is really terrible, and anything but logical or user friendly. Ex: you could hide a device but you sure as hell won't find an easy way to retrieve it