WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Devices Not Detected

I frequently have issues with 2 switches, a dimmer, and a mini plug that show up as "Not Detected" when I am away from home. They still work through my Alexa app, and I recently replaced my router to ensure that everything receives a strong signal, so connectivity is not an issue. I have gone through all of the suggested troubleshooting online (such as Forgetting the wireless network, reinstalling the switches, restarting my router [and getting a new one], uninstalling and re-installing the app) and none of them have offered a secure connection. WeMo needs to come up with an appropriate patch or update that will fix this issue.

Re: Devices Not Detected

Hi, pkes5879. It seems you have tried all the workaround and it won't resolve the issue. Please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details so we can have this taken care of by our Escalation Engineers for further diagnosis:

• Phone Number
  • Location (City/State)
  • Username
  • Link to this Community thread for reference
Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

My issue is with the dimmer, all my other Wemo devices (3 light switches and 3 minis) show up in app except the dimmer. When I restart router dimmer shows up in app for 2 days then goes undetected. It is NOT ok to restart router to fix dimmer issue. What do you suggest. BTW I did a reset on dimmer several times and it fixed the problem once after that the router restart was the only way.

Please make sure the firmware is updated. What's the LED status of the Wemo Dimmer and is this true for both local and remote access? Have you tried to check if the issue still persists when using a different handheld device with an updated Wemo App to isolate the issue further? 

If the issue still occurs, please reply to us via email along with the details asked above at WemoCares@belkin.com

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support