WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Devices dropped when using home network

Every once in a while this happens. All but one device appears as 'Not Detected'. However they work fine on Homekit. I have 3 dimmers, 3 mini Wemo plugs and 2 old switches and a wall switch on a Wemo hub for Homekit. Ironically, the one device that is still working in the Wemo app is one of the old switches. If I'm on cell data service or wifi somewhere else, they all appear and work on the Wemo app. It's not a crucial problem as they are are controlled soley through Homekit however in order to keep them updated, I'll have to have them detected again. If I reset them, it becomes a huge task re setting everything in Homekit, including scenes and automations. Any ideas?

Re: Devices dropped when using home network

@WayneH

Have you tried to forget and disable the remote access, but make sure you're connected first to you home network (2.4 GHz), then enable it again? Do check that the network name is registered on the WEMO App. Also, the one device that appears as not detected may be too far from the router. What LED light is On? You can do just a reboot on the WEMO devices for isolation. Let us know how it goes.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Thanks for the tips Jo-Ann,

I did make do the forget and disable the remote acces, the enabledit again to no avail. The home wifi is indicated and registered with the app. The one device that is working is about 2 feet from the router. All the other devices are not detected  are within 30 feet maximum. I've been doing a reboot every time this happens but am trying to find out why as it happens about once a month or so.  I have a very strong wifi system in the house, constantly being used. I have other home automation devices that work flawlessly. As mentioned, all the Wemo devices that are not detected in the Wemo app still function in Homekit.

Highlighted

What's the model and OS version of the handheld device you are using for the Wemo app, WayneH? Please make sure that you are using the latest Wemo app. Please try force closing and reopening or uninstalling and reinstalling the Wemo app. You may also try using another handheld device for isolation. 

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support

Iphone 7. iOS 12.2.1. The Wemo app is up to date.

To verify, were you able to try the steps provided by @Reil_C? If so, allow us to have our Product Experts assist you further with this. Please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com the following details so we can create a case for you:

-Phone Number

-Link to this community thread

-Username

Fritz-21902
Wemo Technical Support

All suggestions were tried to na avail. Email sent. Thank you.