WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Devices unresponsive to alexa app

[ Edited ]

I have four mini plugs. I setup without issue. They responded perfectly to wemo app and worked perfectly with alexa for three days. Now, they will not respond to alexa. They respond perfectly to the wemo app. I disabled skill and linked again with no change. I removed the devices in alexa and rediscovered with no change. Alexa discovers the devices without issue and it detects the state properly, but when I try to change state, it fails indicating the device is unresponsive. Please help.

Re: Devices unresponsive to alexa app

I'm having the same issue here - 2 Wemo switches and 2 Wemo smart plugs that have suddenly become unresponsive to Alexa commands. Sadly, there are a number of similar posts on this forum that I have seen, with no apparent solutions.

Same issue here. Alexa update broke it.

likewise stopped working today via Alexa..but ok via WEMO app on my phone

[ Edited ]

Same here.  Though, the problem started for me last night. (Jan 3)  Three wall switches and three plugs.  I also noticed that I had to connect my phone to my wifi to see and toggle them.  I couldn't see them over the cellular network.

Hellooooo Belkin... Are you out there?

Same here. A dimmer and a wemo mini showing up as unresponsive on my Alexa app. The whole reason I by wemo product is because I can control it through Alexa. Please fix the issue.
Thanks!!!!

Adding my name to the list of broken users. None of my switches work through the Alexa app

Mine started last night on January 3rd also. It did not work last night, our first thing this morning, then it worked, and then stopped again. It actually just started working again. Cloud server issue?

I got this from the new and annoucments forum.

We are experiencing some instability with our Wemo remote access services that we believe are related to the Intel Meltdown security patches that were recently applied to the Amazon AWS Cloud. We are planning to perform a maintenance tonight that will upgrade the CPU performance of our servers. Until then, some customers will experience intermittent unavailability of their Wemo devices remotely (this will also impact integrations like Alexa and Google Assistant).