WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Devices unresponsive to alexa app

Following as I’m having the same issue. Alexa won’t connect to one of my mini’s but seems to work with the other. I’ve removed, reset, reinstalled both. I also turned off remote access then couldn’t get it to reestsblish. After reinstalling one device remote access reenabled without me toggling it. Once enabled I still can’t acess my devices from a cellular connection.

On LAN the WeMo app works fine, Alexa says they’re unresponsive and that app shows sever connection issues.

Adding to the list of complaints. I am having the issue with my WeMo dimmer. The device is unresponsive to Alexa but all my other switches are found and work. I’ve followe eveyone’s suggestions and recommendations. Still no luck.

I hope this is resolved quickly because I planned to purchase more switches for the WeMo ecosphere but am having second thoughts.

I got this statement from Belkin support:

Since the Amazon AWS Cloud was under the maintenance to upgrade the CPU performance of our servers. Until then, customers will experience intermittent unavailablily of their Wemo devices remotely (this will also impact partner integrations like Alexa and Google Assistant).

We don't have an update when it will be fixed, however as soon as possible once the issue is fixed we'll update in our official website.

This might explain why I cannot reset one of my dimmers that went wonky during a power outage.

As well, I have one dimmer, connected fine, that cannot respond to the Alexa app.  And the Belkin cloud is having major issues as well.

Still having intermittent issues here as well. Started late last week. Before that, smooth sailing. App connection outside of home network is spotty at best, and Alexa integration is hit or miss depending on time of day (later in the day, worse it is). It’s embarrassing and I feel like I wasted a lot of money going with Wemo. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, or I’m abandoning ship and encouraging others to do the same. Discouraged!

One thing I noticed with my router (Asus RT-AC5300) is when I turn off the b/g protection on my 2.4ghz band, everything seens to function perfectly. Might be worth a look on your router.

Hi, Lcander. If you're still having the same issue, please try to disable/re-enable the Remote Access from the Wemo App and check if it'll make any difference. 

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

Hi, Nerfherder. Please try the workaround I shared for Lcander above. Are the devices detected by the Wemo App?

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

Hi, Cumestyk. Looks like you've already exhausted all the troubleshooting steps. Let's get you to our 2nd Level Support Team for further assistance. Please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your contact details (Full Name, Location - City/State and Phone Number), community username and the link to this community thread for reference.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Mine just stopped responding tonight. In Alexa app, it says plug offline, unresponsive. Smiley Sad