WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dimmer + MR16 LED

Hi,

Anyone using MR16 LED bulbs with the Wemo dimmer?  Do they flicker or buzz/hum?  I've tried two different brands of MR16 LEDs and while they do not flicker they buzz quite loudly.

Thanks,

->g.

Re: Dimmer + MR16 LED

@glc650 wrote:

Hi,

Anyone using MR16 LED bulbs with the Wemo dimmer?  Do they flicker or buzz/hum?  I've tried two different brands of MR16 LEDs and while they do not flicker they buzz quite loudly.

Thanks,

->g.

Here's a list of Recommended and Tested bulbs for Wemo Dimmer. To isolate, try using a different model of LED bulb and check if the issue still persists. (If possible not MR16, try the recommended.)

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

Gerard_P, I have to use MR16 as it's track lighting.  I tried two different brands so far (Philips & Torchstar).  I have another Philips model coming and two Soraa models.  If neither of those work then I'm at a loss.

Got that, glc650. Compatible bulbs should not flicker and should not have issues. Let us know how it goes after you got those bulb and check if it works.

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

I have a wemo dimmer switch and the lights blink randomly when they are on and doesn’t matter the brightness they are set on. Have rest the switch twice now and that doesn’t fix the problem. The problem seems to be getting worse, blinking more often.

@Onefastsss10 wrote:
I have a wemo dimmer switch and the lights blink randomly when they are on and doesn’t matter the brightness they are set on. Have rest the switch twice now and that doesn’t fix the problem. The problem seems to be getting worse, blinking more often.

Hi, Onefastsss10. That's odd. How often does it blink? It's not supposed to blink. Have you tried to check the bulb if it was installed properly? For isolation, try using a compatible bulb on it and check how it goes. 

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

So I got the other bulbs and tried them today and the Philips still buzzes.  The Soraa still buzz as well but one of them is the quietest so far but it flickers when and after dimming (and the others do too).  The other Soraa is as loud as both Philips I've tried.  I tried re-setting up the bulbs after each test but it didn't help.

Highlighted

That shouldn't be the case, glc650. Let's have this further investigated by our escalation engineers. Send us an email with your contact details along with the link on this thread at WemoCares@belkin.com:

• Username
  • Contact number
Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support