WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

F7C059 Dimmer LED lights (on-board LED) is not working

Upon installation of a new F7C057 Dimmer, the on-board LED lights never illuminated. The switch works and I was able to calibrate it and connect it to wi-fi. The small dots that indicate the dimmer level are working, but the LED bar is not. Ideas, or do I need to have a replacement sent out?

Re: F7C059 Dimmer LED lights (on-board LED) is not working

Hi, rdunkleeThis could be a possible hardware defect. May we know where and when was it purchased? We'll have this one sorted out for you. 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

I have the same issue.  I purchased and installed the F7C059 dimmer in December and it was working fine until today.  Now it won't connect to my wifi anymore and there aren't any LED indicators showing.  I tried holding the reset button (holding LED bar for many seconds as instructed) with no luck.  

I have verified through my router that the switch is still connected and signal strength is 91%.

Hi, wemosmartman and rdunklee. Please make sure that Restoring/Resetting with the physical button you don't hold the LED bar longer after 11 to 14 seconds or blue light begins to blink for this will cause the unit not to restore. How about doing it in the Wemo App (click link on how to restore using the app) does the issue still persists?

If that won't work, email us at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have our Level 2 Support Team to assist you guys further along with your Phone Number, Location (City/State), Username, and Link to this Community thread for reference.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

Hi - I bought a Wemo dimmer from Best Buy about 2 months back. It was installed and worked fine. Yesterday it stopped working, no LED light is on but the dots are on. The switch doesnt turn on any ligjhts in the room either. I tried pressing the reset button but no use. I reset the switch from the app. I can see the dimmer wifi in my cell phone wifi setings but when I connect to the dimmer wifi ( to set up the dimmer again)  and then open the Wemo app, the app crashes and doesnot open (keeps closing). Please assist.

@Vikt wrote:

Hi - I bought a Wemo dimmer from Best Buy about 2 months back. It was installed and worked fine. Yesterday it stopped working, no LED light is on but the dots are on. The switch doesnt turn on any ligjhts in the room either. I tried pressing the reset button but no use. I reset the switch from the app. I can see the dimmer wifi in my cell phone wifi setings but when I connect to the dimmer wifi ( to set up the dimmer again)  and then open the Wemo app, the app crashes and doesnot open (keeps closing). Please assist.

Let's check on this, Vikt. Did the Wemo app prompt an error message during the setup process? For further isolation, let's try to uninstall and reinstall the Wemo app. If the same issue persits, you may try setting up the Wemo dimmer on a different handheld device if possible, so we can check if that'll make any difference.

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Hi - I bought a Wemo dimmer from Best Buy about 2 months back. It was installed and worked fine. Yesterday it stopped working, no LED light is on but the dots are on. The switch doesnt turn on any ligjhts in the room either. I tried pressing the reset button but no use. I reset the switch from the app. I can see the dimmer wifi in my cell phone wifi setings but when I connect to the dimmer wifi    192.168.l.l  ( to set up the dimmer again)  and then open the  FileHippo  Wemo app, the app crashes and doesnot open (keeps closing). Please assist.  Dafont  

Hi, @jsk1000. We'd like to look into this. After resetting the Wemo Dimmer, is there a LED light indicator? If yes, may we know its LED light? By the way, please follow the steps below:

-Force close and re-open the Wemo App.

-If it is still crashing, uninstall and re-install the Wemo App.

-Make sure that you properly reset the Wemo Dimmer.

-Also, make sure that your Wemo device and Wemo App is connected to the 2.4 GHz network.

-Follow this link on how to set-up:

https://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=211577.

If the bulb is still not turning on after setting up. Please try to use a different compatible bulb.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Juviena_P 22245

Wemo Technical Support