WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
TC

Firmware Update Problems

My Wemo toolbox consist of 4 Wemo wall switches, two Insights, and one Maker. Recently, I attempted to update to firmware version 8137. The Wemo Maker did not update and is at version 7179. I assume that the Maker was not supposed to update and is on the version that it is supposed to be.

The problem is that one of my Insights did not update and is still at version 7166. Every time that I launch the Wemo app it informs me that there is a firmware update available. The updater goes through the motions of updating all of my wall switches and Insights over again, even though all but the one Insight are already updated.

My question is whether there is a way to prevent the devices tha are already updated from going through the update process repeatedly? And secondly, how do I get the problem Insight to update to firmware version 8137?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Firmware Update Problems

I'm not sure if there's a way to stop the update from running through all devices. Have you tried updating the Insight while the other WEMO devices are turned off? See if updating the Insight alone (no other WEMO on the network) will result to a successful update.

Community Manager

It's going to try and update each time you start the App fresh.  The App compares the firmware versions of the WEMO's with what the cloud says are the new versions.  That is why you see a slight pause when you first open the App.

You can try unplugging the other WEMO's to reduce network traffic and try the update again.  The WEMO will try a few times to download the update and won't update unless it gets a correct file.  

Regards,

Robert S.

Belkin Technical Support

TC

4 out of 6 of my devices are Wemo Wall Switches. I can't unplug them.

I have the same problem after the update which came through yesterday all my 12 wemo are off line, cannot be turned on manually, and then turn themselves on at incorrect schedules.

You've got a lot, jayhay! I own a WEMO light switch and so far after the update everything is good. I suggest that you do a factory reset and configure them again to make sure that your devices were properly updated. By the way, what kind of WEMO devices do you have?

TC

You did not answer whether Maker is supposed to also update. Maker is on v7179. I have taken the wayward Insight out of service. I have lost patience and it is not worth any more of my time.
WEMO Maker Inventor

My maker was not updated in the first round but got one yesterday.  It's now at 8306.

@Bluee0510 - you're part of belkin's team and you're offering support on this board, yet you only have one wemo.  If you can't recreate the problem or verify it works yourself you shouldn't try to answer.  Put a sticky post at the top of each community with the important links and stay out of it.

TC

Interestingly enough the one wayward Insight that would not update did so yesterday. It updated to vewsion 8405. My Wemo Maker updated to 8306 but I am not sure when. The last update did not try to update the other devices. What the heck is V8405? And why only the one Insight?

I just got the demo insight. Straight away I was prompted to update firmware but it won't. When I try to create rules it says I need to do the firmware upgrade but won't upgrade. I have unplugged it, sat it beside the server, left ap open.. I just have the one device, my first and I'd really like to get it working. Any suggestions? BTW I did try to follow upgrade instructions but there is no 'more' option when I open the AP.