WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Firmware update 2-6-2018: KRACK and DNS mask vulnerability fixes

What the heck. Had a nice stable system, 15 leds, 12 switches , 12 motion sensons. I did the update and all hell has broken loose. Devices not found, then they are and others go missing, and the LEDs, heck the house is like an unconttollable disco, flas8ng on, then off, totally random, every room in the house. Basically, the system is useless.  Yes, I've tried the usual resets, etc, etc. Not good. I hope a bugfixed update is made available soon, but with devices not being found I don't see how an update is even going to be possible. <grrrrrr>

Hi,

I feel your pain.  Does anyone know how to revert back to the previous FW?

Thanks,

Tom

[ Edited ]

I had the same situation. Started the firmware update as I went to bed, noticed the Dimmer in my room was blinking for way too long, but went to bed anyway and hoped for the best. Of course I woke up to a dumb-house that was also cold because my space heaters did not turn on with my NETATMO IFTTT recipe.

Anyway, it was a disaster. I hard reset the entire house (flipped the breakers) and that did not help. I went to work, came home and things seemed to clear up a bit within the WEMO app, but homekit was totally dead. I ended up hard resetting the WEMO bridge, deleted the app several times (stop me if you've heard that one before) and deleted my house from homekit and set it up again. So far things are working, but now there is a weird issue with all WEMO devices saying that they are updating when initially opening the homekit app, but that clears up after a few seconds. Either way this was an awful update and I'd rather be vulnerable to hacks and gamble on those odds rather then putting my trust in WEMOs engineers. What a joke.

Seriously. I've been fighting WEMO bugs for years and thought we had finally found the promise land with homekit, but of course in typical Belkin fashion they shoot themselves (and us) in the foot.

Video of bug here: twitter.com/joecorbett/status/961951187674296320

P.S. I'm a huge WEMO supporter with a total of 48 WEMO devices. :-(

P.P.S. Hey Siri work perfectly... Why? I have no idea...

Seeing the responses here, my Wemos are finally stable so there's no way I'm updating for this firmware until I hear that the bugs have been worked out. 

I doubt anyone is hacking my house anyway

Highlighted

Hi Everyone! If you're experiencing any challenge with the Wemo device after updating its firmware, please reach out to our Support team at WemoCares@belkin.com so that we can have our Escalation Engineers assist you. Email us your complete name, username, phone number, location, and the link to this Community thread. 

Zeb_10124
WEMO Technical Support

yeah this update quite sucks. It takes forever to perculate across all devices. Its been several days now and still have some devies not up to date.

No improvement for multi Access point networks either it seems.

My devices come and go, and it is very frustrating.

Adding a new device takes hours.

Better use of the LED for feedback would be most helpful. 

Mek sure you blink the LED when it is updating, otherwise people are goign to unplug things before they are fully up to date.

better feedback for when a device is actually connected to Wifi or not would be helpeful too.

Blinking if it is not connected or is in the process of connectintg would make sense. Solid blue if it is connected. Flashing orange if there is a n issue.

Hi,

Just sharing what helped me, I don't know if it will help others.  I did open a support case and Belkin did call me back but they largely only asked me questions about my network/setup and really didn't offer a solution other that resetting each device to defaults and starting again.  I tried this with one light switch and it actually did not fix my problems.  What did help was deleting and reinstalling my IOS app, seems that the app gets hell bent on updating FW everywhere and with a large environment like I have I couldn't stop this until I deleted and reinstalled the app.  The other thing that helped get me going again, was I unplugged every insight and switch I could which was about 22 out of my 56.  Talking with support they showed me where in the app I can see what the FW version is, so I could see the devices that were not updated and going online and offline.  Just rebooting these devices helped get them happy and updated.  I then re-added each insight and switch, jsut by plugging them back in one by one.  Some showed that they needed a FW update, so I did them one by one till I had everything back.  Maybe I just have too many wemo devices and a mass update was too much for the app to orchestrate?  I don't know honestly.  I am working reliably again with the latest FW.  Hope that helps someone.  Thank you everyone for your help too!

Regards,

Tom 

4+ years of owning Wemos - never had a problem updating. With this one...NO PROBLEMS either. Q