WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Firmware update flashing orange light

[ Edited ]

The firmware update I did last night 4/Aug/15 has stopped all 3 of my Wemo's from working the all just flash the orange light and won't connect. Belkin please advise. NOT HAPPY. These are now out of warranty and can't be taken back to the store. You have broken them with this update, what do you intend to do to fix this????

After a bit of research this is due to the length of my SSID password being too long. 62 characters even though the spec is 8-63 characters. BELKIN have reduced the acceptable size of your SSID password. Everyone change their WIFI password to 1234 and they will work fine. THAT WAS SARCHASM BY THE WAY.

Re: Firmware update flashing orange light

So everything is working again after changing the password length?

I have lowered the password length and that does allow the wemo's to connect. This is not an option as there are so many things that would need updating. Eg laptops iPads iPhones PS3 wii sky digi box etc. I am not changing my entire network because someone could not get a firmware update right. Belkin need to fix this.
Community Manager

Can you shoot me over a private message with info about your network setup?

Router

Any AP's or RE's

Number of WEMO's on network

Number of other devices on network (no specifics needed just a number is fine)

If you could share some info about your password like special characters it may have etc well I'd like to test it out in our lab just to see if its an issue that may have been accidentaly introduced in the firmware or if it is something with your password etc..

If it was working fine before its probably not the password but it is something that I would like to completely rule out.

Regards,

Robert S.

Belkin Technical Support

Community Manager

If you can also send over the MAC address of a couple of the WEMO devices that would help as well.

Regards,

Robert S.

Belkin Technical Support

Hello Robert,

I have also reported the same issue to the community.  If you look a little further down the list.  I use a 63 character hex 0-F. No special characters etc.  The firmware is at issue.

To remedy I had to choose a shorter password. Not ideal because of the number of items on the network, but I needed my lights.

All broken for me. Wifi password is only 11 char here

[ Edited ]

Same issue here, except I have an open WiFi ap.

Update:  Everything is back to normal.  I unplugged the new wimo link and plugged it in while holding the reset button.  This appears to do a factory reset.  I was able to reconnect to the link through its WiFi and the app reconfigured it.

Now to get it detected from my Amazon Echo.

Same for me, after firmware update everything is broken. My 5 wemo devices have an orange flashing light. Apparently if i change ma wifi password with a simple one (6 characters) it works again, what a mess, i don't want to reconfigure all my wifi devices  just because of belkin ! i'm tired with those messy updates.

Robert,

Is there an update on this? I apparently have the same problem. I have over 25 WiFi devices and do not want to have to update the WiFi password on all of those.

Thanks!

Phil