WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert

Re: Firmware update flashing orange light

@wemowhat Thank you for the feedback. I would like to have this replicated in our lab. May I ask how many characters does your password consist? What's the current version of the WEMO App installed on your mobile? Please send us the details at WEMOCares@belkin.com and kindly include the link to this forum.

Regards,
Ness - 10931
WEMO Technical Support

Same issue here. It was working with my 63 character password. Update firmware and won't connect till I dumb down my password.

So it seems that the only way to get the wemos to communicate with the network is to dumb down our SSID password? This solution MIGHT be acceptable if the user only had wemos on their network, but for the majority of us that have several (dozens) of devices connected, including security systems, this solution is not an option!

In other words, thanks to Belkin's firmware screw up, there are a lot of us that are now the proud owners of Wemo paperweights. Good way to destroy customer loyalty Belkin!

In a flash of inspiration, I remembered I have had an issue in the past with another device and ASCII characters.

One device I have did not like " or ' or < or > or & as these are all control type codes and you would replace them with 

" &quot;

' &apos;

< &lt;

>&gt;

& &amp;

Tried this with my WLAN WPA2 key but no difference. I didn't screw around with it but maybe if you delete these characters from your WPA2 password that might fix the problem?

It is recommended that you only use alphanumericcharacters for your password when trying to connect a WEMO.

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Password is furthest from my problems. After latest firmware update, my lightwitches refuse to broadcast anymore. Just flashes orange no mater what I do. I've turned off the entire house power, retarted router/modem, uninstalled/reinstalled wemo app, restarted/reset wemo lightswitches. Just flashes orange. No broadcast. Oh, it does allow me to switch on/off my lights manually!

Is there a way for me to get my money back and just move on? I do not have time for this sort of unreliable performance. Firmware updates should not kill the devices!! EVER!!!

This happened to me as well. I have to water down my strong password to allow for WEMO lack of secure infrastructure. I was willing to try it but now after this latest firmware update, my lightswitches have stopped broadcasting and I have tried everything! Doesn't seem to be any help.

Expert

Hi RedeyeDog. Let's get this to our 2nd level Support team for further assistance. Please email us, at WEMOCares@belkin.com, your contact details along with the link to this community thread. Indicate your community username too.

Zeb_10124
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

I just got the lightlink pack with 2 lights and got it installed, then here's where my problem started I did the firmware update and it said 10 minutes, 40 minutes later still spinning, so I thought it crashed, and unplugged the lightlink and plugged it back, green light would flash then go off, I did the restore button and plugged back in now I get the flashing green to orange light and nothing connects, but I can see the lightlink on my phone.  Frusstrated with this and getting ready to ship it back to Belkin.  Anyone have any ideas?

Spoiler

Expert

Hi tjcabrera. Have you tried resetting the bulbs? If you haven't done it yet, please refer to this article link for the reset instructions: http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=116178

After resetting the bulb, reconfigure it by searching for WEMO Link devices on the WEMO app.

Zeb_10124
WEMO Technical Support