WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Firmware update flashing orange light

I have 3 light switches blinking orange after installing a new router. Had no problem hooking the Wemo link back up but the switches just won't connect. I've reset each of them at least a dozen times. I got 2 of them to broadcast a signal but then I got the message unable to connect. At a loss here

@Thaddeus_A wrote:

It is recommended that you only use alphanumericcharacters for your password when trying to connect a WEMO.

Why?

Hi Mixer71! What's the make and model of the new router? Try a wireless password with alphanumeric characters. If that won't help, adjust the wireless channel of the router as this challenge might be due to wireless interference.

Irish_16855
WEMO Technical Support

NetGear AC1750.  My router got shut off last night for about 10 minutes and when it came back on line I was able to reconnect my Wemo light bulbs but all the light switches continue to blink orange

Try to press and hold the reset button for 15 seconds this time, then wait for the WEMO signal to appear and try to run the setup again.

If the problem persists, we'll have our Customer Assurance Team check this out. You can send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com. Please include your contact details, location and a link to this community thread.

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support

Good News. With the new firmware, I no longer need to dumb down my password and it's accepting a 64 character complex password again. Yay.