WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Firmware update?

hello,

So I purchased a wemo mini smart plug in anticipation of the homekit firmware update. I received it today and it setup fine and prompted me to update the firmware. I’m having trouble getting it to connect to homekit. The firmware version is WeMo_WW_2.00.11059.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2 can anyone confirm if this is the one that enables homekit? Many articles say the update is coming within the next week so perhaps this isn’t the right one.

Re: Firmware update?

Hi jaisonsingh. If we may ask, are you using the latest version of the Wemo App? Do you have other Wemo devices on your network? Please confirm that you've already followed the steps provided on this link. If you did, can you reboot the handheld device you are using? Keep us in the loop and give us feedback after.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support
Cxk

I’m having the same issue. One of my Wemo minis worked fine connecting to HomeKit, the other four which all have the same firmware say “Update Firmware”

The 11143 firmware version is the one that works with HomeKit. It’s a real mess in getting it to update. I have 5 of these things and they update one at a time since it got released. This product would be really cool if the app and firmware weren’t so buggy.

@Cxk wrote:
I’m having the same issue. One of my Wemo minis worked fine connecting to HomeKit, the other four which all have the same firmware say “Update Firmware”

Hi, Cxk. Have you tried to reboot or reset and reconfigure the Wemo Mini to check if the issue still persists? Also, try to use a different handheld device. What's the LED status?

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

Hi, Lagger. Are you still experiencing challenges with your Wemo devices? Were you able to make it link with the Apple HomeKit App? Let us know so we can assist you.

Elyza – 22075
WEMO Technical Support

I have the same issue. Trying to reboot the one that isn't updating now. 

Expert

Hi MyMacRocks,

Have you tried the steps provided by Mark_C and Gerard_P? What's the version of your Wemo app and firmware version of your Wemo device? What are the Wemo devices you own?

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support

I got the wemo mini and everything was working right until the firmware update to WeMo_WW_2.00.11057.PVT-OWRT-InsightV2. My all my wemo minis auto turns off after 5 minutes of being on. There are no rules set and I’ve reset them both using the app and manually but still not working as before. Yes my app is also up to date v1.22. Anyone experiencing this too?

@FrustratedUser Click and try this link as a workaround. If that won't work, please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have Escalation Engineers assist you further along with the following details: 

• Phone Number 
  • Username
  • Location (City/State)
  • Link to this Community thread for reference
Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support