WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Flashing Amber on Insight After Removing From Power Outlet

[ Edited ]

My wife removed an Insight from the power outlet and after plugging it back in I have a flashing amber light and I am unable to connect to it via the Android app. Please don't tell me that remvoing one of these devices from it's power source means having to reconfigure it every time?

I can't even see the Insight's wifi network to connect to it and reconfigure it so at this point I assume my only option is a reset? Again please don't tell me this is expected behaviour after removal from a power outlet?

Re: Flashing Amber on Insight After Removing From Power Outlet

Amber flashing means it's trying to connect to your home router. If it flashes for more than a few minutes, unfortunately you will have to reset it.

The Insight wifi network will only be available when the wifi light is blinking green and orange alternately. This is normally 40-60 seconds after you've plugged it in while holding the reset button for about 5 seconds

Turns out the Insight doesn't like a hidden SSID when it comes back up. After un-hiding my SSID it connected fine.

Quite a flaw that is. It's not like the device doesn't aready know the SSID as it's alredy been configured.

Oh, that's good to know. And very weird in the world of wifi. I guess just add it to the list of flaws...