WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Full color osram lightify

I'm with Adrian kinda let down.

We understand your sentiments, Jppjones & AdrianKNEZ. We've taken note of your feedback and we've forwarded it to our Development Team. Rest assured that WEMO will continue to evolve as we deliver on our promise of being the most approachable entry point to the connected home automation.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

Thank you much appreciated.

I have the same issue. Quite frustrating that WEMO doesn't support the A19 full RGB colored bulb from OSRAM. It is a real disappointment if I need to switch to the interface Alexa from OSRAM. Sad... fix it! Thanks

WEMO Maker Inventor

If you're using android WemoLEDs (on google play) should support pairing this bulb with the Wemo Link and controling  it's light level, color, and color temperature.  I don't have one of these to verify myself but the feedback that I've received confirms that they work properly.  If for some reason they don't or if you just don't like the app let me know and I can refund the app purchase.  Sorry though, no Alexa support.

[ Edited ]

This behavior of finding the bulb when pairing but not showing it in the devices list started with the 1.4 upgrade.  After the upgrade I lost my "unsupported" osram bulbs.  If you downgrade to v1.3 you will probably be able to control the bulb "on" and "off" with the wemo app, but not sure if color controls will show up.

If you want full function, more speed and widgets I would use the WemoLeds app.  Belkin could learn a lot from it.

I am experiencing a problem using the wemo dimmer switch with the same full color a19 bulbs mentioned above. While I know i can control the lightify bulbs without a smart dimmer switch, I want people who are not good witg technology the option of dimming these lights. As of right now, dimming the wemo switch anything less than 100% causes them to blink on and off constantly. Any plans to make this a supported system ever?
WEMO Maker Inventor

You can't use a dimmer with any smart bulbs, you need to use the app that's meant to control them.

Highlighted

That will never work.  You can’t use a smart dimmer to dim smart bulbs.  If you want to use the WeMo dimmer, you’ll have to use regular “dumb” bulbs in the socket — and if you use LED bulbs, make sure they are dimmable (it will say on the box).