WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Home and WeMo

I have my WeMo light working with my Androide but when I go to the Google Home app, Select Home control, add WeMo it comes up with a network error and asks for Wirless network name and Mac address. 

I have entered WiFi name and the MAC adress on the underside of the Link and it does not work.

I have also confirmed the Mac address in the router.

Does anyone have any sugestions ?

Re: Google Home and WeMo

@david123
That doesn't sound right. You should not need to have the MAC address to connect the Wemo devices to your Google Home. Just make sure that both your Wemo devices and Google Home are connected to the same network.

You can refer to this link: http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=224185

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support

It may not sound right but actually it is since the light bulbs are not yet supporters by Google Home

*supported

@dmmh

Just to clarify, do you have a Wemo Light Switch? If you do, Google Home should work with it. What you'll do is to make sure that your Wemo network is linked with Google Home. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

No light switches here Smiley Happy
Seems a bit redundant to me since I would like to voice control my lights.

I now just do it via IFTTT, but directly from Google Home would be better and faster

Hi there ,

Im having the same problem wemo link will not work with google home Smiley Sad

Works well on my phone but thats all 

Is there plans for it to work with google home soon?

@Graeme1963

The following Wemo devices are the only ones that are compatible with Google Home:

Wemo Switch Smart Plug, F7C027

Wemo Insight Smart Plug, F7C029

Wemo Wi-Fi Smart Light Switch, F7C030

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

i have a Wemo Insight Smart Plug, F7C029 and a wemo switch 636 they work with the wemo app remotely however

when setting up google home and selecting wemo google home cannot find any of them. i have the correct google home emails etc and the wemo 2min timer just keeps timing out and finds nothing. I thought google home and wemo are suppose to work..??