WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Home unable reach WEMO

[ Edited ]

Google home says WeMo not available. WeMo App working but unable to control via google home. Was working before stopped working today. 

Unlike account and readded it same issue 

Goole saying "I couldn't reach wemo"

Re: Google Home unable reach WEMO

It's working now..wired
Discard post

@UrbanBoy Hi there! May we know the model number of the Wemo device so we can have a closer look at it? Could you send us a screenshot of its current firmware? Are other devices working with Google Home? 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

I've been having the same issue for weeks now. Google home and google assistant on cell phone say wemo can't be reached when asking to turn a light on or off. However, asking if the light is on does work. The wemo app runs okay its just google assistant. Asking google to sync devices seems to work. The pairing seems fine. I have re-paired and rebooted but the issue persists.

@Jianmc What happened prior to the issue? Please make sure that you're using the latest Wemo App version and try to disable/re-enable the Remote Access from the Wemo App. Are your other devices working fine with Google Home and Assistant? 

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

I’m having a similar issue. We moved and google home is no longer able to connect to Wemo. The wemo app works fine, but just won’t connect with google home.

Hi, Jtobo. You can try to force close the Google Home App, and all running applications. If the issue still persists, try to uninstall and reinstall the app. Afterwards, check if it'll make any difference. 

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

Also having the same issue. Have removed wemo software and reinstalled, and thing work fine efor a day, then it all falls apart.

Hi @klinedd. Are you on the latest version of the app? Is the remote access on the Wemo app enabled? If not, please enable it. Do you have other device that works fine with Google Home?

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support
Highlighted

It looks like the new firmware is the problem. I have everything updated and google is still not responding. Even IFTT shows there is an error with wemo.