WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Google Home unable reach WEMO

I've been having the same problem. Google home says "I can't reach Wemo right now". My 6 smartplugs work in the Wemo app. All 6 are listed under WeMo in my Google Home Control devices. Very disappointed in these devices. I have all updated to app and software. Lots of bugs to work out.

@Jtierney116 What happened before it stopped working? Please try to power cycle the devices, then unlink/relink the Wemo devices from the Google Home. Disabling/re-enabling the Remote Access from the Wemo App might also help. 

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

It does work from the app fine,the status light is steady white.... i already tried both disable renable remote access and tried relinking problem still shows up...like right now my wemo for tv not working 

@Damnitimbroke wrote:

It does work from the app fine,the status light is steady white.... i already tried both disable renable remote access and tried relinking problem still shows up...like right now my wemo for tv not working 

Got that. Is the Google home app up-to-date? If not, please make sure that it is running on its latest version. Also, for further isolation, you can try to use a different handheld device and check if that'll make any difference. Hope this helps.

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

Yep i have already checked too and both google home app amd wemos and wemo app are up to date, like i originally stated only after latest firmware on the wemos did this start to happen

I am experiencing the same issue.

I cannot add Wemo dimmer in google home.

It seems connection issue between wemo server and google home server.

@Damnitimbroke

Try to perform a reboot or if not, a reset on your Wemo devices. If you are still unable to link them to Google Home. Let's have our 2nd Level Support Team check on this further. Please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with with your phone number, location, community username, and the link to this post for reference. You may also provide us a screenshot of the error message on email to help us validate the issue.

@next

If you have done all the troubleshooting steps provided on this thread, send us an email along with the following details asked.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Hey folks - I am having the same trouble (and yes "Wemoe Cares", my IOS is up to date,my wemo app is 1.20, the firmware on my Wemo dimmers is up to date).  I bought this stuff two weeks ago, it worked for two days with my google home mini,and then it just quit.  The firmware updated right after install and then I tried it out - good for two days, then "sorry, I could not reach wemo"

Here is the strange part, if I ask the google home mini to turn on my kitchen lights, I get the "sorry i couldnt reach wemo" message, if I use the google assistant on my iphone, sitting in the same spot, the lights go on and off no problem.

When i do this, the google home lights up like it is doing something, but it is the google assistant on my iphone that talks back to me saying "sure....."

And "wemo cares", please dont suggest "uninstall, reboot, reset, turn on and off etc" , 'cause all y'all are just guessing.

Highlighted

@braddoell

We will have our Support Team look into your case further. A ticket has been queued to the Team. Please keep your lines open as they will be in touch with you within 24-48 business hours.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support