WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Google Home unable reach WEMO

I am having same problem after firmware upgrade my Google assistant can't access neither one of the outlet but prior to firmware upgrade both outlet was working. I only can power on/off using wemo app. For troubleshooting, I have removed the wifi name, reinstall the wemo app, restarted my router, remove and reinstall both outlet, reset the Google assistant, relink both devices and etc... I am convinced it is the firmware upgrade because I have purchased two additional outlet and didn't allow the firmware upgrade and both working. Please help resolve this issue otherwise I am returning all four outlets.

I’m having the same exact issue. Can control plugs from the Wemo App only. Things were working fine 2 days ago and now it’s not working at all with Google. What is the issue Wemo?

Hello Johnsonjim and Jhadaegh. Be informed that we've confirmed this with our Product Engineers that we're having an outage with our Remote Access Feature along with our partner integrations. However, do know that our Product Engineers are working diligently to get this setback fixed the soonest. We only hope for your patience while we are doing this.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

Having the same issue with 4 switches. Incredibly frustrating. We have tried everything and the switches will work for a day or two with Google Home and then quit. I bought one for my Son in Canada. Thinking about returning it prior to sending.
Highlighted

Hi Matlock0221,

We just wanna check on this. Are you still having issues with Wemo and Google integration? May we know the exact model number of your 4 switches? When did the issue start?

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support

I'm still having the same issue with Google and wemo for 1.5 weeks now. Google can not turn on or off the lights on the Google home app or home hub.

But the ihome switches/plugs works perfect that my friend uses. I'm about to get that same set up and trash wemo and do a bad review since wemo can't fix this issue. Very unhappy!!

@ChicagoKid,

Please try to disable and enable remote access on the Wemo app for isolation. If the same issue occurs, try to unlink and re-link the Wemo devices from Google to see if there are any changes.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

Please provide instructions here on how to do this.

@ChicagoKid,

You may follow the directions on this link to manually disable and enable Remote Access. Meanwhile, here's the link on how to disconnect your Wemo devices from Google.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support