WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Google Home unable reach WEMO

Same problem here, WEMO dimmer and 5 outlets not reaching google home but working on WEMO app. All other devices are working just fine, including 5 TP Link outlets. Dependability is everything here, and I don't see any action being taken at the WEMO end showing they are even aware of the problem,,,

I managed to disconnect and eventually add WEMO to Google Home after several attempts, it worked for all of 5 minutes and lost them again. I tried rebooting router in spite of all other devices working, No luck.

Can someone check this out please? AND update your board so we know you are on it?

Bump

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem. Philips Hue had connectivity issues just after Christmas that affected all of the new users trying to register their new smart lights.  I am guessing Belkin is experiencing an overload to their infrastructure too. Prior to Christmas evererything worked flawlessly.

I also had problems with the mini plugs dropping off.  I had to fight to get them to connect after I did a factory reset.  Followed the many directions from the numerous similar threads with out success, then they magically started to work after many repeated attempts.  It's very frustrating, but I am also in IT, so I get it.

Connectivity issues are not new based on this article from Jan. 2018.  I wish I would have found it before I invested in the product.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/01/06/belkin-wemo-switches-review-good-idea-held-back-connectivit...

-Tim

I am having the same problem as everyone else on this chain.  Since I only have one plug I am going to switch to TPLink. However I also have one switch installed into my wall and it would be a real pain to replace that.  But soon I will.

Amazon sell some Chinese switches that are a quarter of the price and work without a glitch.  Wemo is dead in the water as it has rubbish support.  Have you tried rebooting it?  Have you tried re-installing it?  The question they should be asking is; Have you tried replacing the product for a better make?

Highlighted
WEMO Maker Inventor

Be careful with those.  As poorly as belkin handles their cloud services, application design, and customer support, it may not be worth the risk to switch to products that are exclusively cloud only devices.  Apart from the obvious risk of you being SOL if the company shuts down their cloud servers, there's the very serious concern of an unknown device communicating directly with servers running in country with much less privacy protection.

You can't use these cloud only IoT devices without allowing them to call out of your network.  This allows an unscrupulous provider to use it to bridge back into your private network bypassing your router firewall completely - either accidentally (by being hacked) or by plan.  If they use a poorly protected app malicious code can end up on your phone - even open source applications have been attacked recently.

Mike
Reliable and secure (Belkin cloud-free) home automation and remote access:
AutomationManager/HomeBridge/WemoLEDs/WemoHome/MoreInfo

Is anyone getting any answers for what is causing this really annoying error?

Its great to say reboot, reinstall, blah blah blah but WHAT CAUSED THIS ISSUE??

I have tried all suggestions and these wemo "smart" plugs STILL will not work with my Google Home!

I posted my finding in another thread. Try to re-setup your wemo plug again by resetting to factory default and use android device to setup the connection. There is a remote access option in wemo apps for iPhone along with Google assistant that need to be enabled. The default for iPhone appear to be disabled (in my case only Google assistant showed up when setup the connection from iPhone). Once I completed the setup, I can see my android device name appear on the iPhone wemo apps. If I go to my android- wemo apps, I can see iphone name appear and enabled.

I was finally able to relink my google home and wemo this afternoon and it's working for the moment.  I suppose we'll see how long it lasts.

Working now 16:21 PST