WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Google Home unable reach WEMO

@ChicagoKid,

You may follow the directions on this link to manually disable and enable Remote Access. Meanwhile, here's the link on how to disconnect your Wemo devices from Google.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

This didn't work! I'm done with Wemo. Frustrated level is very high!!

@ChicagoKid

Allow us to have our 2nd Level Support Team check on your case further. Send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your phone number, location, community username, and the link to this post for reference.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Got it working! 

So, if you saw my original post, my issue was the same as everyone else, EXCEPT, my firmware fails to update.

I've also never been prompted for any network settings, MAC address, etc...

I uninstalled the wemo app from my phone AGAIN (and also from my wife's phone - the previous attempts at uninstalling / reinstalling would result in all my settings still set from before when I relaunched the wemo app) and reset my smart plug to default by unplugging it, holding the power button and plugging it back in,, after the lights start blinking, let go of the power button. 

Launch the Wemo app and go through your normal setup. 

On Google Home, add the device that already works with google, selecting wemo. 

When I get to the verify screen, it coutns down to zero and does nothing. 

I got it working by just letting sit at zero for a LONG time.  Not sure how long, cuz I was messing with the wemo and when I came back to the verify screen, it said Wemo found, did you just turn your wemo on?  I clicked Yes, that was me, and it prompted me again,, I got about 10 or 12 of these promopts (cuz I was turning it off and on a bunch through the wemo app, setting rules etc... )  Each time I would get a notification that it was linked.  I would check Google Home and it was not there.  The last one failed with an error message, so I went back to the setup wemo and this time during the 2 minute verify screen, I manually turned on the plug as instructed (turn on OR off) Do this ONCE.  If your timer get to zero,, just let it sit.  could be 5, 10, 15 minutes.  Keep your screen alive on your phone.  I let my go off once and when I came back it said 'connection interrupted'.. thought I'd have to start over, but it actually resumed.  Said it found my wemo and asked I had turned it on.  Clicked Yes and then it launed Google Home and I completed my setup from there. 

FINALLY!!!  No thanks to Wemo Tech Support

I'm having the exact same problems. I bought 2 wemo for.my parents and after firmware update, neither are working. I thought I could fix it, but nope. So frustrating.

Then last week, my wemos broke down. When trying to fix my parents wemo, I tried to link to.my phone and Home accounts thinking it would help -- it did not. And now I can't even get it to work in my own home. I never completed the update (it said it failed), but I guess it did and now I'm screwed. Anyone have any good recs on another brand to use? I think I'm gonna return these wemos. Thanks.

@Junkie

Let's have this sorted out before you consider returning your WEMO devices. What are the model numbers of your WEMO devices? Have you tried rebooting them after the firmware update? Also, what are their current LED status?

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Hi @trafferty, thank you for your post/reply here.

I just bought a new Wemo Mini Smart Plug.  Setting it up on my Google Pixel 3 phone along with the Wemo app was straightforward.  But not having any success linking Wemo to Google Home.  Specifically, after the last step when the app or web page says it found my Wemo, asks me to confirm and I click Yes It's Me, I get an error message saying "Sorry there is a problem with activation".

So reading your reply here, I should probably just let it sit for some time as you noted and it should probably work (ie., the linking should be successful)?  I'm getting a bit desparate here to get this working with Google Home / Google Assistant.  Or else I might need to return this Wemo POS!  :-)

Thanks, -Derek

@derektem. If you already followed the workarounds given here by the moderator and issue still occur, kindly shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have this taken care of by our Escalation Engineers for further diagnosis along with the following details:

• Phone Number
  • Username
  • Location (City/State)
  • Link to this Community thread for reference
Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

@derektem I don't think letting yours sit for a while is going to make a difference.  Where I had to let mine sit was to get the message asking if I just turned my wemo on or off.  The two minute verify timer would count down to zero and I would not get the message saying it found a wemo and asking if I just turned it on or off.  That's where I had to let it sit for a long time before the message would finally come up.  Once it did and I clicked Yes, it was me, it went right through.  I got the same error you did when I turned the wemo on and off multiple times while the timer was counting down.  I had to click Yes it was me about 10 times and then got the error you did.  I redid the setup in Google Home and only turned the wemo on once during the timer countdown, let it sit and it finally went through correctly. 

Thanks,

Trafferty

@Gerard_P, thank you for this reply.  I have taken up your recommendation to send an email to Wemocares @ belkin.com and provided as much details as I can for the Esclation Engineers to assist me.  Please keep me posted if you can.  Thanks!