WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Google Home unable reach WEMO

Hello jlasun,

If you're having problems with Wemo and Google Home Integration, know that Google is working on the issue and there is no ETA for the fix yet. With regards to the IFTTT, share with us more details about your challenges so we can assist properly. May we know what error are you getting?

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support

Hi @Rosalyn_T, I have no idea what happened. It can tell me if the light is on or off but when asking to turn on the light it can't reach wemo. Same on Google home and on cell phones google assistant. The google home and wemo apps are up to date. The wemo app works. I reset the google home and relinked wemo. Same issue. One thing that's odd is that when linking went to google home, I could only get it to work with one of my lights. The mac from other lights couldn't be found.

@Jianmc Have you tried rebooting your Google Home, mobile phone, and the Wemo device? Try to disable/re-enable the Remote Access from the Wemo App. If applicable, do you have issues with other WeMo devices in other parts of the house? Make sure that you're running the latest firmware of your WeMo device/s. BTW, if you unlink any secondary Google accounts from your Google Home, does this resolve the issue? To clarify, when you unlinked/re-linked your dimmer—are you doing that within the Google Home app or the WeMo app? We would recommend re-linking from both apps, and starting the setup process from the start. 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

Same problem. This has been going on way to long. It works sometimes and most of the time it says wemo not available

I will never recommend wemo to anyone

i have the same problem since the new firmware.

google home and the assitant cannot join the wemo, i have 1 dimmer, 4 outlet and 2 switch.

@stormeye,

Can you share with us the current firmware of WeMo devices? Are you able to control the devices using the WeMo app? Make sure that the WeMo devices, WeMo app, and Google Home are up to date.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

Having issues as well. I have three dimmers in my house.
Firmware version . 2.00.11060.PBT-OWRT-Dimmer. I have removed them from Google home and reinstalled them. Switches work from the app but not with Google home. I can ask Google home if they are turned on but the when I ask to turn them off they say they are not available right now. Very frustrating.

@Jwatson14

Is the remote access still enabled? You can also try rebooting the Google Home to check if the same behavior occurs? If yes, please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have our 2nd Level Support Team assist you further. Please also include the following information:

• Phone number
  • Location (State & Country)
  • Community Username
  • Link to this post for reference
Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

I’m having the same issues. It was working until I updated the firmware on Wemo. I’ve tried to unlink and re-link. I’ve also checked to see if remote access was the issue and even reset my google home. None of those fixed the issue.