WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Google Home unable reach WEMO

[ Edited ]

Hello, bhagirathg. Have you tried to follow the workarounds given by our moderators? If yes, then email us WemoCares@belkin.com along with the information asked by Jo-Ann_B so we can have this taken care of by our 2nd Level Support Team.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

@Gerard_P

I did try all of those. I have emailed the details over.

I was having issues with making changes to Wemo stuff in Google Home.
What fixed it for me was uninstalling the update for the "Google" app in app settings. The app with the G icon.
Then go to the play store update it.

Google home mini keeps telling meniy can not reach wemo. I have 2 wemo insight switch and regelur switch.

I started to have same problem now too... it happens intermittently.... but problem only arose after latest firmware.... ive had these wemo minis and switch for almost 2 years and has worked 99.5% of the time... only after the latest firmware that it randomly doesnt work much more frequent.... sometimes does not work with ifttt too.....gh will say hmmm it looks like (wemo name) is not available.... or when running through ifttt it gives response that it ran successfully but my wemos will not respond ..... it doesnt happen all the time... but enough to become annoying.... and i have had more failures since last firmware update then the 2 years i had wemo before this recent firmware update.... but the app works fine everytime

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the same problem, but here we go...

I have four IFTTT applets to turn on and off a pair of Wemo bulbs.

The 'turn off' command works just fine, but the 'turn on' command mostly does nothing.  I get the correct response string as supplied in the IFTTT applet, but no light.

Strangely, if I open the Wemo app on my phone the bulb in question is green, suggesting that it's on - it isn't though.  I can push the button twice on the app, and the light turns on.

To me, it sounds like the link isn't doing the right thing.  Has anyone else noticed the same behaviour? Got a fix?

We'd like to check on this, rcutcliffe. Are you running on the latest Wemo App? If not, try to uninstall and re-install the latest one, which should be the v1.20. Also, try to also check that your Wemo device's firmware is updated. Do a reboot on the Wemos and the Google Home for isolation. You can also delete and recreate the recipes for further observation.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

@Damnitimbroke Are the Wemo devices working fine from the Wemo App? What's its LED status? Please try to unlink/relink the devices to Google Home and see if that helps. Try also to disable/re-enable the Remote Access from the Wemo App for further isolation.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

After updating firmware for wemo mini, google home no longer recognizes wemo. Support told me on Sept 8th that a fix was in progress. Today, google home is still not recognizing wemo. Do you know when fix will be completed?

@AustinT,

Are you able to control the WeMo Mini from the WeMo app? What is the current version of the WeMo app and firmware of the WeMo Mini? Have you tried the workarounds provided by Moderators 

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support