09-23-2018 04:45 PM
My WeMo couldn't see the WiFi radio name after an update to my Netgear R7000 and password change, despite public broadcast AND once I solved that (which I will share) Google Home did not recognize the devices.
WeMo not seeing the radio name: A: when it fails in the App, hand enter the radio name and password (2.4Ghz radio)
WeMo not listed in the Google Home Automation vendor list: UnLink any old WeMo connections and then the WeMo logo will reappear in the list and Google Home or Google Assistant will quickly usher you through connecting them all at once.
May these discoveries which took me 4 hours only take you 4 more minutes...
09-24-2018 10:25 AM
@Jo-Ann_B thanks for your assistance but you are getting mixed up with the problem i am experiencing...i am having a similar if not same issue as bradoell .....i will ask google home to turn on or off and it would say it seems "wemo device name" is unavailable..... but from my phone or tablet i can turn on and off via wemo app..... here are the facts
Probelm: when telling google home to turn on or off any wemo switch it sometimes/intermittently say "it looks like (wemo name) is unavailablle
1) problem started to happen after the latest firmware that was suppose to have apple homekit work without wemo bridge
2) prior to the firmware upgrade all my wemos had a 99.5% success rate
3) after firmware upgrade it is more of a 80% success rate
4) i have 7 wemo minis and 1 wemo switch and they all take turns on not responding to google home
5) IFTTT commands having same impact where wemo doesnt respond all the time
6) so when I give a command directly from google home or custom command for google home via IFTTT the wemo(s) wont work with either of the 2 and it happens at the same time
7) i also have harmony hub and kuna maximus outdoor lighting and they work 100% with google home even when the wemo(s) are acting up at that time
8) i have already rebooted, resetted, unlinked/relinked to google home, rebooted my home router, confirmed signal strength is strong everywhere, latest version of wemo apps on all phones and tablets, latest version google home apps on all phones and tablets....
9) i have no problems turning on and off using the wemo app on any phone or tablet 100% success rate
10-04-2018 04:50 PM - edited 10-04-2018 04:50 PM
Google home says WeMo not available. WeMo App working but unable to control via google home. Was working before stopped working today.
Unlike account and readded it same issue
Goole saying "I couldn't reach wemo"
I've been having a similar issue throughout recent weeks. Google home and google partner on mobile phone say wemo can't be achieved when requesting to kill a light on or. In any case, inquiring as to whether the light is on works. The wemo application runs approve its simply google associate. Requesting that google match up gadgets appears to work. The blending appears to be fine. I have re-matched and rebooted however the issue holds on.
10-07-2018 08:55 AM
i have not been contacted by Wemo support. Any idea when they will contact me?
Hello there, braddoell. We'd like to verify if you're referring to the case we've had on you related to Nest Home/Away rule that has been escalated. If so, we'll conduct an investigation of the case, and send a follow up to our team.
10-08-2018 06:08 AM
Hi. Thanks for continuing to check on her nest home away rule.
I also require assistance on the following previous post. I am now using app version 1.21 same results
09-19-2018 06:17 PM - edited 09-19-2018 06:21 PM
Hey folks - I am having the same trouble (and yes "Wemoe Cares", my IOS is up to date,my wemo app is 1.20, the firmware on my Wemo dimmers is up to date). I bought this stuff two weeks ago, it worked for two days with my google home mini,and then it just quit. The firmware updated right after install and then I tried it out - good for two days, then "sorry, I could not reach wemo"
Here is the strange part, if I ask the google home mini to turn on my kitchen lights, I get the "sorry i couldnt reach wemo" message, if I use the google assistant on my iphone, sitting in the same spot, the lights go on and off no problem.
When i do this, the google home lights up like it is doing something, but it is the google assistant on my iphone that talks back to me saying "sure....."
10-08-2018 05:03 PM - edited 10-08-2018 05:04 PM
Not a problem! We're able to check this other thread, did you try all the recommended troubleshooting steps to isolate it further? If yes and still doing the same thing, let's have our Escalation Engineers look into this matter. Shoot us an email once again at WemoCares@belkin.com with your phone number, location - City/State, Community Username, and the link to this thread so we can generate another case number and provide assistance.