WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Google Home unable reach WEMO

[ Edited ]

My WeMo couldn't see the WiFi radio name after an  update to my Netgear R7000 and password change, despite public broadcast AND once I solved that (which I will share) Google Home did not recognize the devices.

Solutions:

WeMo not seeing the radio name: A: when it fails in the App, hand enter the radio name and password (2.4Ghz radio)

WeMo not listed in the Google Home Automation vendor list:  UnLink any old WeMo connections and then the WeMo logo will reappear in the list and Google Home or Google Assistant will quickly usher you through connecting them all at once.

May these discoveries which took me 4 hours only take you 4 more minutes...

@Jo-Ann_B

[ Edited ]

@UrbanBoy wrote:

Google home says WeMo not available. WeMo App working but unable to control via google home. Was working before stopped working today. 

Unlike account and readded it same issue 

Goole saying "I couldn't reach wemo"

I've been having a similar issue throughout recent weeks. Google home and google partner on mobile phone say wemo can't be achieved when requesting to kill a light on or. In any case, inquiring as to whether the light is on works. The wemo application runs approve its simply google associate. Requesting that google match up gadgets appears to work. The blending appears to be fine. I have re-matched and rebooted however the issue holds on.

Hi Jo-Ann

i have not been contacted by Wemo support. Any idea when they will contact me?

@braddoell wrote:

Hi Jo-Ann

i have not been contacted by Wemo support. Any idea when they will contact me?

Hello there, braddoell. We'd like to verify if you're referring to the case we've had on you related to Nest Home/Away rule that has been escalated. If so, we'll conduct an investigation of the case, and send a follow up to our team.

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

Hi. Thanks for continuing to check on her nest home  away rule.  

I also require assistance on the following previous post. I am now using app version 1.21 same results

: Google Home unable reach WEMO[ Edited ]

Hey folks - I am having the same trouble (and yes "Wemoe Cares", my IOS is up to date,my wemo app is 1.20, the firmware on my Wemo dimmers is up to date).  I bought this stuff two weeks ago, it worked for two days with my google home mini,and then it just quit.  The firmware updated right after install and then I tried it out - good for two days, then "sorry, I could not reach wemo"

Here is the strange part, if I ask the google home mini to turn on my kitchen lights, I get the "sorry i couldnt reach wemo" message, if I use the google assistant on my iphone, sitting in the same spot, the lights go on and off no problem.

When i do this, the google home lights up like it is doing something, but it is the google assistant on my iphone that talks back to me saying "sure....."

[ Edited ]

@braddoell 

Not a problem! We're able to check this other thread, did you try all the recommended troubleshooting steps to isolate it further? If yes and still doing the same thing, let's have our Escalation Engineers look into this matter. Shoot us an email once again at WemoCares@belkin.com with your phone number, location - City/State, Community Username, and the link to this thread so we can generate another case number and provide assistance. 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

I have the same issue today. I did reboot both wemo and google assistant. DisLink wemo from google assistant and re-link again but it s still not work. Please help!

Google status is connected to wemo but cant do command.