WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Google Home unable reach WEMO

Oh well, it works again after i left it alone and back to check again after 3 hours.

Hi folks.

I performed a factory reset on my google home mini and am now able to control the wemo dimmers again. I don’t know if this was a recommended procedure from the previous posts.

all my devices were still linked (wemo, nest, August lock), so other than losing the personal history, the process was not that bad. All I had to do was go through the initial google home mini set up again.

i hope this helps.

as for the wemo not working with nest home/away/eco, I am still awaiting resolution.  

Cheers

brad

I am having this same issue. It started after the latest install of the latest firmware upgrade. Remote access is enable. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Wemo and Google Home apps. I've "forced stopped" both apps in the process. Nothing has resolved the issue. Not to mention, this is the second Wemo that I've had to buy in a short 1 year period. The first one simply stopped working for no reason. I definitely will not be buying any other wemo products.

@gingrbread_man wrote:

I am having this same issue. It started after the latest install of the latest firmware upgrade. Remote access is enable. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Wemo and Google Home apps. I've "forced stopped" both apps in the process. Nothing has resolved the issue. Not to mention, this is the second Wemo that I've had to buy in a short 1 year period. The first one simply stopped working for no reason. I definitely will not be buying any other wemo products.

Hi, gingrbread_man. Please make sure that your Wemo devices is running on its latest firmware version. Also, have you tried to use a different google account to associate with? If not, you may try to do so, and let's see if that'll make any difference. Hope this helps.

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

The problem started after I upgraded the firmware to the latest version. I've tried to unlink the account to Google home. I've even tried to connect the WeMo to my 2.4 and 5.6 Wi-Fi. Nothing works.

I just added a new WeMo plug-in as of today Google Assistant could not pick up the additional product try to remove and reapply. However I continue to get cannot verify account when it asks for network name and Mac ID

@Skawx

Hi there! What is the model number of the Wemo plug that you're having challenges with? Were you able to control the unit via Wemo App? If so, make sure that it is running the latest firmware. If the other way around, what is the LED status and have you completed the setup process prior the integration? 

Also, here's the additional link to refer to isolate the setback: https://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=275530.

Keep us on the loop on how it goes.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

WeMo_WW_2.00.11057.PVT-OWRT-SNS
Wemo Switch Smart Plug
F7C027fc
And
WeMo_WW_2.00.11143.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2
Wemo Mini Smart Plug
F7C063fc

The WeMo app works perfectly until I'm trying to verify my account connecting to Google Assistant. Then it keeps saying cannot verify the Mac ID with my wireless network was working earlier today just fine.

@Skawx

Is your other Wemo device already working fine with the Google Home? Try to reset and reconfigure the other, then reconnect it to Google Home again. To clarify, did you change anything or your account settings from Google that's why you're trying to verify it?

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

I remove the WeMo Connection in order to reapply it when I added the this unit. https://oauth.xwemo.com:8443/OauthApp/WtaServlet?PAGE=CONTROL&r=1539609315822

I keep getting sent to this location and it keeps failing to verify my connection with my product. When it asks for the Mac ID with my home network ID.