WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Google Home unable reach WEMO

@Skawx,

We can't seem to open the link you've provided. May we know which Wemo device you're having issues linking to Google Home? Have you tried the workaround provided by moderator ? Make sure that remote access is enabled on your mobile device.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

I keep getting an error saying we can't find a match.

I am able to control the wemo device through its app.

but when i try to link it to google home.

"Hmm. We can't find a match."

I'm 100% sure the wifi is correct and copied the mac from the app and tried the back of the device.

Configuring on Samsung S9

Hi @davidtester.

What's the model number of your Wemo device, and its firmware version? If you haven't tried linking it using another handheld device, then please try to do so and see if the same concern occurs. Check out this article. It may also help.

Elyza – 22075
WEMO Technical Support

I was getting the "we can't find a match" my Wi-Fi network name has two words in it. I run a dual network a 5.0 and 2.4, I was trying everything on my 5.0 switched it over to the 2.4 which also only has a singular network name. And it found it, I'm up and running. Not sure if it was a single name or the 2.4 Network.

I'm having the same issue.  My smart plug works in the Wemo app, but will not connect to Google Home. 

I was getting the message "Wemo name is not reachable" until I unlinked it.  Now it won't reconnect.  I get to the 2 minute verify timer, manually turn the plug off or on as instructed, but the timer just counts down to zero and sits there. 

I have reset the Wemo to default and set it back up, still won't connect.

The ONLY difference I see from everyone else is my Wemo plug will NOT complete the latest firmware update.  I've tried it before and after I reset it multiple times and it fails. 

Wemo app ver. 1.21 (170)

Smart Plug WeMo WW_2.00.11059.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2

The only other smart devices in my home are a JBL Link 20 and Chomecast and they communicate with Google Home. 

Hi, trafferty.

To verify, have you tried rebooting your phone? Also, please try to use another handheld device on updating the devices firmware. If this won't work, allow us to have our Product Experts assist you further on this. Please email us at WemoCare@belkin.com the followig details:

-Phone Number

-Link to this community thread

-User Name

Fritz-21902
Wemo Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Thanks Fritz,,, Yes, I have rebooted my phone and also tried from my wife's phone. I have emailed WeMo Care. 

I just got an undeliverable from WeMo Care.  Is this address still valid? 

Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to WemoCare@belkin.combecause the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.

[ Edited ]

@trafferty

Apologies! Please send it again to WemoCares@belkin.com and we'll be looking forward to your email. 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

Thank you for the corrected email address. 

@trafferty 

No biggie! Please keep us on the loop on how it goes. Should you need further assistance, you know where to find us.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support