WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Google Home unable reach WEMO

Hi everyone, got this to work after hours of struggling and just trying things, Here was my process:

1. Launch Google Home App
  2. Go to the HOME screen (House Icon bottom left
  3. Choose Add (the "plus" sign) from the main selection
  4. Choose "Set up device"
  5. Under "Works with Google" choose "Have something already set up?"
  6. Under Linked Services choose WeMo and perform the "Unlink account" option in the pop up menu and complete the process

Once completed, reboot your tablet/phone device

Now, add the WeMo device by linking the account doing steps 1-5 above.  Once you finish with 5

6. Choose WwMo from the list 

7. Verify

At this point, you should be able to verify WITHOUT entering your wifi name or MAC address.  If you get asked for MAC or WiFi name, I am not sure it will work.  

8. You will be asked to press a button to turn on/off one of your WeMo devices.  once that is done and you were NOT asked to manually enter WiFi or MAC address for WeMo Device, you shoul dbe good to go.

Good luck.  

Unfortunately the re-link didn't work for me. Still get back to can't find on network.

Hi Mojates. Have you tried using another handheld device? If you haven't, please try it and proceed with the same steps. Make sure that the remote access feature is enabled. Also, make sure that the handheld device and your Wemo device/s are connected on the same 2.4 GHz band of your router. Provide feedback after.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

Hi there, 

I recenetly purchased the WEMO and it is connected to my google home. 

Whenever i enter the room without my phone and ask google to turn the light on it says not detectable. 

When i enter the room WITH my phone and ask google to turn the light on it works fine ... is this intended? 

Its frustrating because my wife cannot turn the light on or off - please help! 

@Tpewpew,

Are you able to control your Wemo device using just your phone? Also, we'd like to have our Escalation Engineers investigate the issue further. Please send us an email at Wemocares@belkin.com with the following details and the link to this community thread.

• Full name
  • Username
  • Phone number
  • State/Country
  • Wemo model number and current firmware
  • Wemo app and mobile OS version
Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

Hi there, 

Thank you for the quick response! I am able to use Wemo with just my my phone and it works intermitently. 

I'm sending the email to the engineers now. 

I had issues similar to this as well, just found out the issue. You need to have Chrome as your default browser on your Android device when going through the linking process then it will take you through all of the steps to set up Wemo on Google assistant.

Google Home unable reach WEMO

Wemo mini plug was working with google home. Could tell google home to turn on turn off.  Worked for  a day or two. Now it doesn't.

Wemo App version: 1.22 

Google Home assistant shows Wemo socket.  I ask google home "are the living room lights on" it says yes if they are, it says no if they aren't.  Ask google home "Turn on/Off living room lights".  Says Google Home unable to reach WEMO.

I've tried resetting mini plug, deleting it from Wemo and Google assistant and reinstaling to no avail.

An word on how to fix this cause I bought a two pack one to extra one to hook up my christmas tree lights and I'm not feeling like that's gonna work.

Anyone? Does this have a fix?

@MCB67 wrote:

Wemo mini plug was working with google home. Could tell google home to turn on turn off.  Worked for  a day or two. Now it doesn't.

Wemo App version: 1.22 

Google Home assistant shows Wemo socket.  I ask google home "are the living room lights on" it says yes if they are, it says no if they aren't.  Ask google home "Turn on/Off living room lights".  Says Google Home unable to reach WEMO.

I've tried resetting mini plug, deleting it from Wemo and Google assistant and reinstaling to no avail.

An word on how to fix this cause I bought a two pack one to extra one to hook up my christmas tree lights and I'm not feeling like that's gonna work.

Anyone? Does this have a fix?

Please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have this taken care of by our Escalation Engineers for further assistance along with the details asked by 

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

I am having the same issue originally mentioned where after a recent power outage, my Google home can't find my 2 wemo switches saying "they're not available" when they work fine from the wemo app itself. I've tried resetting the wifi, & restore features on both, I've unlinked the wemo service from my Google home account & relinked it, I've tried power resetting ALL my devices & my Google home still controls everything else as it did before the outage, just the wemo switches are giving me issues. Need some help as I've racked my brain