WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google assistant no longer works

I bought a second Wemo plug and added it to the app, I tried adding it to google assistant but it doesn’t see it, not only that but my original plug is no longer in google assistant and every time I try to add it back it says a problem occurred. Any help?

Re: Google assistant no longer works

Hi, Giraffe_eggs. Did you encounter any error message while adding your WeMo to your Google Assistant? Are you able to control your WeMo device using the WeMo app? Make sure that your handheld has remote access enabled. 

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

Google assistant says “something went wrong. Try again” but the app shows a message saying it’s connected. This occurs when trying to add my original outlet back to google assistant, it never sees my new outlet. I can control both outlets with the app. Remote access is on and the google assistant option is turned on.

I also have an issue with the new outlet, it can’t be controlled while I am off of my home network but the original outlet can.

Same. Google home will not recognize my dimmer despite putting in the network name and Mac #

I can't enable my remote access now because it says I need to pair wemo with my internet connect..... Help?

@ Giraffe_eggs

Can you provide us the current firmware of both WeMo devices? Have you tried to restart the new outlet and re-configure it again?

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

WeMo_WW_2.00.11059.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2

I have reset both of them a couple of times the original one still will not connect back to google assistant and the new one isn’t even seen by the assistant and remote access does not work for it.

[ Edited ]

Hi. @ Paboy1, Is this for initial setup? Was it working fine before? What is the LED status of the Wemo device? Have you tried using another handheld device? Please try to do a power cycle on your Wemo device (unplug for 15 secs and replug it after) then, force close the Wemo app and close all other apps running in the background. If that does not work, uninstall the app and reinstall it.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

@Giraffe_eggs,

Have you tried using a different handheld device? For isolation, try to force close the WeMo app and all apps running in the background. If that doesn't work, try to uninstall then reinstall the WeMo app.

If the issue still persists. Please send us an email to WEMOCares@Belkin.com along with your contact details (full name, phone number, State/Country), username and a link to this community thread.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support