WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Google assistant no longer works

I did all of the above. I can get the device to respond to my phone but I cannot get the remote access to enable. It keeps saying. I'm. Not paired with my home network but when I open the app is says it's connected to my home net work. I had to turn off the power from my breaker a few days ago to fix a separate electrical box. Once I turned it back on the dimmer would not respond to my google home device. I did a factory reset on the dimmer but it still will not allow the disabled remote access to enable. Hence, I cannot get it to connect to my Google home Control. I Uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It wanted to do a firmware update but everytime I allowed it to update it said download error. It was working fine fore the past 9 months. Very annoyed

@Paboy1,

It seems like you've exhausted all the troubleshooting steps. We've escalated your case to our 2nd Level Support team and a representative will get in touch with you soon. Keep your lines open and frequently check your email.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

I have tried everything listed above, I have sent an email. I really hope this gets fixed.

I'm having the same issue. I've tried resetting each wemo power switch. I updated the app and firmware. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I disabled and reenabled remote access. I used an iPhone 5c, Samsung Note 8, and iPad Pro 10.5. I can't get the 2nd one to pair to Google Assistant. It doesn't pop up when I turn the new wemo switch off or on while pairing to Google Assistant.

Hello Mick,

If you have tried what listed above, you may send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your contact details (full name, phone number, State/Country), username and the link to this community thread so we can have our 2nd Level Support Team assist you further.

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support

My Wemo is not working with Google Assistsnt. Has there been an update to resolve this snafu?

Hello Edatl,

What have you done so far in trying to fix it? Are the Wemo devices responding to app commands? Is everything all good on Wemo's side?

For the Google Assistant integration, try to unlink and relink the Google Assistant. Are you getting any message when linking the two?

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support

Hi all. I've encountered the same problem. I had Google assistant working perfectly with my WeMo device. I went to add some new devices. Google assistant was unable to recognise them. I then unbound WeMo within Google assistant after which I was unable to connect it again. I have tried uninstalling wemo, uninstalling Google assistant but I feel that somewhere within one of the two systems that the database associated with my account has stopped communicating with Google assistant.
The only thing I haven't done is hard reset every WeMo device I have and completely started from scratch. That being said, I don't know if that will work as when I reinstalled wemo, it found all devices on the network and all of the protocols.

@Boxon,

Are you able to control your Wemo devices using the Wemo app? May we know the version of your Wemo app and Android OS? Please try to reboot your router and modem for isolation and make sure that your phone or tablet has remote access enabled.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

Hi everyone, got this to work after hours of struggling and just trying things, Here was my process:

1. Launch Google Home App
  2. Go to the HOME screen (House Icon bottom left
  3. Choose Add (the "plus" sign) from the main selection
  4. Choose "Set up device"
  5. Under "Works with Google" choose "Have something already set up?"
  6. Under Linked Services choose WeMo and perform the "Unlink account" option in the pop up menu and complete the process

Once completed, reboot your tablet/phone device

Now, add the WeMo device by linking the account doing steps 1-5 above.  Once you finish with 5

6. Choose WwMo from the list 

7. Verify

At this point, you should be able to verify WITHOUT entering your wifi name or MAC address.  If you get asked for MAC or WiFi name, I am not sure it will work.  

8. You will be asked to press a button to turn on/off one of your WeMo devices.  once that is done and you were NOT asked to manually enter WiFi or MAC address for WeMo Device, you shoul dbe good to go.

Good luck.