WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Green Light on WeMo Light Switch is dim

I just installed a second WeMo light switch in a 3 ganger. The light on the switch is much dimmer than the one next to it. It works, but why is it so dim? I had to really fight with the wires to get it in there. Loose wire?

Thanks

Re: Green Light on WeMo Light Switch is dim

I just went to add the new switch to a group in The Akexa app and it's saying that the new switch is off line.

I just reset the wifi and seems to have fixed the offline issue but the green light is still really dim.

@Octobermom0103

Hey there! We'll check on this, are you referring to the Power light indicator of the Wemo Light Switch? If you are, could you send us a photo? We'd like to take a closer look at it. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Im also having the same issue. Installed 4 switches and all are working perfectly but the one switch's green indicator light is hard to see when the switch is on. The others are all very bright. Is their a fix or is the indicator bad? In the photo its the second switch from the left. It looks brighter in the photo then what it actually is.

Bill

2017-06-10 18.21.37.jpg

That may be a cosmetic defect, BlueSkyPIC. If you'd like, you can interchange the places of the switches so that we can isolate this matter.

Kloe-21503
WEMO Technical Support

Hi BlueSkyPic

The switch gets its power from the hot wire and neutral. If it's operating the light then its wired correctly and there's no point in interchanging it with one of the others.

There are threads on this forum where others have had the same problem. It's a faulty switch that has got past quality control I'm afraid. If it's within its guarantee period the I suggest that you get it replaced.

Regards

Pete