WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
dbx

HomeKit No Response

HomeKit has been working well with all 20 of my Wemo devices for months.  Yesterday (7/18/18)  some of he devices were starting to show No Response. (I power cycled the Wemo Bridge and it seemed to help)

Today ALL of the devices are showing No Response.

I have Wemo light switches, Wemo Insight Plugs and Wemo Minis.  All have been working fine until yesterday.

What has made all 20 Wemo devices stop working with HomeKit?

Why is the Wemo app suddenly slow to update device status and suddenly having trouble detecting devices.

With best regards,

DBX

Re: HomeKit No Response

Two of my devices joined so that they cannot operate separately. Turn on light and fan also comes on in separate rooms. Also names have changed and do not stay unchanged.

Probably the Wemo app update that was supposed to support HomeKIT without a bridge broke your “with bridge” setup.

All but one of my Wemo devices stopped working tonight. They cannot be detected in the app. I suspect some defects got into the wild with the HomeKit stuff. I denied all the HomeKit requests and don’t want this functionality, but I appear to be affected anyway.

Hopefully Belkin is going to resolve quickly.

[ Edited ]

@dbx wrote:

HomeKit has been working well with all 20 of my Wemo devices for months.  Yesterday (7/18/18)  some of he devices were starting to show No Response. (I power cycled the Wemo Bridge and it seemed to help)

Today ALL of the devices are showing No Response.

I have Wemo light switches, Wemo Insight Plugs and Wemo Minis.  All have been working fine until yesterday.

What has made all 20 Wemo devices stop working with HomeKit?

Why is the Wemo app suddenly slow to update device status and suddenly having trouble detecting devices.

With best regards,

DBX

Hi, All. We'd like to verify if you all have recently updated the firmware, or were your prompted to a firmware update. Also, have you all tried to uninstall and reinstall the app? If not, please do so and check if that'll make any difference. Check this link as well on how to resolve Wemo firmware issues. If you've done all that and there is no resolution, send us an email with your contact details at Wemocares@belkin.com so we can forward this case to our escalation engineers. Please make sure that your IOS version is updated as well as the Wemo app (1.20). BTW, what's the LED light status of your Wemo devices? Please include the light behavior. This applies to all users on this thread.

• Name
  • Username
  • Contact number
  • App version
  • IOS version
  • Link on this thread
Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support
dbx

[ Edited ]

OKAY - I have 20 Wemo devices on line and two more still in the box.

I bought into the WEMO ecosystem because it is backed by a large organization that I thought would have the resources to actually make this work.  Instead I get a system that works well for a while and then needs some sort of remedial attention.  I shouldn't have to reset my bridge or reload my app this frequently  I should be able to expect that a system of this cost be reliable out of the box.  This system is retailed as ready to go, not as a science fair experiment.

If I had wanted a second rate system I easily could have spent one third as much on some cheap crap from an Amazon off-shore seller.  I instead opted for something that I could have some confidence in that wouldn't burn down my house and work reliably.

I have this app set up so that my family can use it as well.  They are not the technical persons in the house and should not have to put up with a slow to respond app or inconsistent response within the HomkKit interface.  I shouldn't have to keep asking for their device so I can reload an app.

WEMO - You need to stop acting like this is some grand experiment and take the fact that your have entered the home automation arena seriously.  WEMO devices are not sold as cheap, therefore they should operate as expected.  Imagine if the operating system in your car was non-responsive as often as the WEMO system is.

If I sound annoyed or frustrated- it is because I am.

With best regards,

DBX

@dbx 

I agree that you don’t have to reset the bridge or relaunch the app frequently. This might be happening because the devices are disconnected from the network, or firmware is not up to date at all.

If your Wemo units cannot be detected via Wemo app, you can restart your Wemo Bridge. In case the same thing is happening on both apps, then we can try the steps on this article: http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=287111

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

I have the same problem since 3 months ago. The Wemo bridge was bought in Feb 2018. Now the LED light only comes on for 10 secs. The firmware and the app are both up to date, and iOS app is always the latest. Tried reset the Wemo Bridge, unplgged the ethernet connection and unplug the USB power. All devices work fine with Alexa, but not not responsive in Homekit. I have 4 Wemo plug only and this Wemo Bridge can't even manage them?

@DKao,

It seems like you've already tried most of the workarounds to resolve the issue. Let's endorse your case to our Escalation Engineers so that they can investigate this further. Please send us an email at Wemocares@belkin.com with the following details and the link to this community thread for reference.

• Full name
  • Username
  • Phone number
  • State/Country
  • Wemo devices current fimware and model number
  • Wemo app and mobile OS version
  • Router model number
Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support