WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HomeKit incompatibility

I have had continuous problems with making my wemo switches work reliably with HomeKit. I bought the hub as soon as it was available. My firmware is up to date yet HomeKit loses the switches about once a week. The only remedy I have found is to unplug the hub wait ten seconds and then plug it back in. The switches then work again with HomeKit.....for another week. Anybody have a solution. I am basically at wits end and ready to sell these things. I have casetta switches as well and they have Never! Lost connection with HomeKit or Alexa over about a year.

Re: HomeKit incompatibility

Has anybody else encountered this? Any solution? I have about 10 switches and I would love to get them working reliably

Hi, Michaelb1478. Are you referring to the WEMO Bridge as the hub? Are they showing as "No response" on the Apple HomeKit App? You can try removing the WEMO Bridge from the HomeKit App and set it up again. Also, if you have the WEMO Mini in one of your switches, you can update its firmware so it can directly connect to the Apple HomeKit. BTW, are you WEMO devices still accessible through the WEMO App?

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Thanks for the response. Yes the bridge is what I meant. Sorry I just think of it like a hub. Yes devices are still visible in the wemo app. I only have one wemo mini so that wouldn’t help much my main bulk are in wall switches. I have about 7. And yes no response is what shows on HomeKit. I have already tried resetting the bridge and adding it again to HomeKit. Still the same problem. Works about a week then no response from devices.

@Michaelb1478 

Make sure to run the latest firmware to all Wemo devices to avoid connection problems and to fix bugs. Utilizing other ports of the router/modem could help us isolating the setback. If still goes the same way, let's have our Escalation Engineers take a closer look on this matter and to better assist. Please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details: 

• Phone number and Location - City or State.
  • MAC Address of the Wemo Bridge.
  • Community Username.
  • The link to this Community thread for easy reference. 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support