WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Homekit Bridge Stops Responding

All firmware on Wemo Mini's are up to date. 

Firmware on Wemo bridge is up to date. 

Installed it around 6pm by 9pm home kit showed unavailable or not responsive (I can't remember specifically). 

Everything worked flawlessly during the 3 hours. I unplugged the Wemo Bridge and plugged it back in and it started working. We will see if it works in the morning. I want this to work and be stable once its stable I won't mess with it. 

When I looked at the log I could not see anything out of the ordinary aside from the other issue I reported where the bridge is trying to access a file that doesn't exist on my bluray player. 

Highlighted

Re: Homekit Bridge Stops Responding

Tonight's issue was that one out of two lights would stop responding to Homekit. One of my living room lights would not respond to my apple watch. Siri would say Uh Oh there is a problem after attempting to turn off the living room lights. Seems to have a full 24 hours of working correctly then fail. I am considering having the device put on a 12-hour timer to turn off and on until this is resolved. 

I have the exact same issue

Hi, Mattdaddy. Please share with us in detail of your concern and tell us the workarounds you've tried so we can see what more we could do to help you. You may also try removing the Bridge from the HomeKit App, and re-configuring it again.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Hello, gmikeoogle,

Does the WeMo Mini's still show as unavailable on your HomeKit? Please let us know if it does so that we can assist you.

Meanwhile, regarding the Living room lights. Is the issue only isolated on your Apple watch or does other iOS devices also can't control the lights using HomeKit? May we know the LED status on the WeMo Bridge? Have you tried to reset and re-configure the Bridge? If you haven't, please give it a try and make sure that the HomeKit app is running on the latest version.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support