WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How long is my firmware update supposed to take?

The firmare update has  been running for three hours, how long should i leave it before finding a way to stop it? I cant do anything with the switch that i have just brought, feeling very frustrated. 

Re: How long is my firmware update supposed to take?

Just updated my 5off WeMos in around 5 minutes!

Expert

Hello Jonbaker, it shouldn't be that long to upgrade your Wemo. Somehow, with issues like this, usually boils down to the synchronization of components in your network. We would like you to try this work around. Kindly use this link as your reference: http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=8297

Michael - 10628
Wemo Technical Support

I've got the same problem.  It's been running for about 2 hours and says "upgrading".  But this happened yesterday and today it said I needed an upgrade, so I did it again.  Now all the wemo devices are unoperable.  They were all conected to the internet and I had just turned them on (well, a while before because I forgot they were on until they went off when the upgrade started)  They are still off

How can I stop the upgrade so I can try the work around...should I power down my phone?

A couple of things worked for me. Try each or all if one doesn't work:
1) exit the app & clear out your app cache then re-enter the app

2) reset the plug or switches to factory & redo your setup

#1 worked for me but I also did #2 because I wanted a fresh start after the firmware update.

Neither of those appear to work. 3 out of 4 plugs upgraded easily but the 4th has said "upgrading" since 9 PM yesterday (> 12 hours)

It shouldn't take that long DJDRAHMANN.. If we may ask, how far is the device in question from your router? What is its LED status as of the moment? To isolate the concern, unplug/re-plug the device and update the firmware again. Should the issue persist, let us know right away.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

My update isn't complete and has been updating  for two days now. Clear out cashe in app settings. Unplugged/replugged device, reset my phone and still....all says update  in progress.  But no finalizing with update,  very frustrating 

@CQBNUT

Have you tried a different handheld device to check if still appears to be updating? Make sure it is running on the latest OS and also has the latest WEMO App version. How far is the WEMO device from the router? Let's try relocating the WEMO closer to it to ensure a successful update. Please try to check first if you have a stable internet connection before doing all this. Or you can reboot the router to refresh the connection.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support