WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Insight connection problems

Been having trouble connecting my insight all day. Wemo switch is ok. I have reset it without success. Any problems at wemo server?
Highlighted

Re: Insight connection problems

Having the same issue with my dimmer switches today

Hi, Wayttearb. What's the LED status of the Insight? Have you encountered any error message? Follow this article on how to reset/restore the Wemo device.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

Hi, ameyb1. Mind sharing us more details on what happened. Please follow restoring at the bottom of this article to restore to its factory settings.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

That article on restoring mentions disabling rules and remote access. How do I disable rules when I don’t have access through the app?

After resetting I have alternate Green, Orange lights. This just keeps going like this, alternating between the two colours about every second. The insight has rarely shown on my iPhone WiFi connection app and when it did, it reported “unable to connect “

[ Edited ]

@Wayttearb

Try to reboot (unplug/re-plug) the insight. Also, try to use a different handheld device and set it up near the router. If the issue still persists, please send us an email through WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following information:
-Full Name
-Phone Number
-Location (City/State)
-Username
-Link to this thread

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

Thanks for the reply. I have been here before and know all the usual procedures. I have lost faith in the product and also believe that all those procedures do very little to provide any long term cure.

Right now it’s working again with intermittent disconnections that eventually rectify themselves without any interaction from me.