WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Intermittent Connection Issues

I am having the same issue many others are having.  I have two dimmers, two switches, and a smart plug.  Sometimes all five work great.  Sometimes one or two are offline.  Sometimes all are offline.

Sometimes if I turn off wifi, I can see them all.  Sometimes that doesn't help.

I have done everything I've seen in other threads: static IPs, change wifi channel, updated firmware and app, uninstalled and reinstalled app, factory resets on the switches.

Has there been a reply from Belkin/Wemo about this issue?

Re: Intermittent Connection Issues

I should add that I have Nest and August Door Lock and these devices work perfectly.

Hello jtgain76

I had problems like that some time ago after I got a new router. It was resolved by my changing the DHCP lease time from its default of "forever" to one week. I don't know why it worked, but it's something you might care to try.

Regards

Pete

** Always kudo people who help you and mark their reply as the solution if they solve your problem! **

Highlighted

Hello, jtgain76. Does this issue happen frequently? Was this working fine before? Since you've mentioned that you've tried all possible workarounds, and yet this issue is still present, we can have our 2nd level Support Team work with you and conduct a further diagnosis. Feel free to e-mail us directly at WemoCares@belkin.com should you want to have your case endorsed to the team. Don't forget to include your full name, phone number, location, community username and the link to this community thread for our reference.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

I solved this by changing my router's security settings from AES to AES+TKIP. BAM!! The WEMO devices were Instantly reliable.

Good morning. 

I have two light switches and two plugs and all work fine except one, my kitchen light switch.

This one works but it has an intermittent problem. I have tried the reset procedures and it works but only for a while. I then tried the factory reset procedure and it also worked for a while. I then switched off the breaker for the kitchen circuit and it appears this worked for a while but now this too has failed to give me results. I have been attempting to set up the rules so they can work for me while we're away. The app will not allow the rules to be set up because when I rerun the app the device page states the kitchen lights are not detected.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you

Hello, RHuffer. How far is the light switch that's located from your kitchen to the router? Do you get atleast 2 - 3 wireless signal bars on the area where it's located? We believe that this may have something to do with the location of the unit. We suggest that you uninstall/re-install the Wemo app, and try to recreate the rules again.

Feel free to update this thread with more details so we can get this sorted out.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support