WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Is Wemo Maker compatible with Wemo Bridge?

Thank you MikeP for your post.

I already have a Wemo Maker, Wemo Swicth + motion and Wemo Bridge.

Wemo Switch + motion already working with wemo bridge and Apple home Kit using Iphone.

What I must do to integrate Wemo Maker at Apple Home kit?

I must buy a android device?

I must buy WeMoHome App for the android device?

I must buy HomeBridge/HomeKit for AutomationManager for the android device?

Is is correct? It will work in my iphone?

Please let me know,

Thank you very much in advance

WEMO Maker Inventor

Yes, you need an android device - just like the belkin homebridge is a hub, so is the AutomationManager Homebridge.  In this case the AM Bridge runs on most any android device (4.4 or later, 5.0+ recommended) vs a proprietary hub (so you can upgrade to a better device if you never need).

Then you need to install AutomationManager for IoT that provides the basic function (controlling the devices, logging, automation, etc) AND HomeBridge for AutomationManager which links to HomeKit.

It's still early in development but the basics seem to be working and I do welcome feedback for additional function.  I offer a a refund if you don't like it (just send me the transaction ids from your google wallet so I can put it through).

WEMO Maker Inventor

And then yes, it'll work from your iPhone and from Siri.

Thank You MikeP,

I will do all you recomended to me in two weeks.

I will inform you the result,

Best Regards from Spain,

Please please make the wemo maker compatible with the wemo bridge....I like many others purchased the maker to control my garage door and have been waiting so very patiently for Belkin to finally, and I do mean finally, make the wemos homekit compatible with Siri...and now its finally here and I cant say Siri open the gate????? Please update the bridge so we can make full use of all our wemo products! kind regards Louise

Hi MikeP,

Good mornig,

I tested today the AM Manager and AM HomeKit apps.

AM manager wors fine and recognised all Wemo devices including Wemo Maker.

But Am HomeKit don’t work. All the time a message was displayed on red colour “ No status was recived. Is the AutomationServer running?”

But the Automation Manager was working and wemo bridge was activated and working in my iphone.

Please, can you tell me what can be the problem?

Thank you and Best Regards,

WEMO Maker Inventor

Sure - that usually means that you still need to start the AM Server, instructions are here: AM Manager Setup, look for "How do I start the AM Server on Android?".  Basically you add the AM Server widget to your device's home page.

Once it's running the AM Server will report to the AM HomeBridge with a list of available devices and you can use the "Select Devices" menu in the HomeBridge to connect them with HomeKit.

Good Morning MikeP,

When I installed AM Manager, the AM Remote and the AM Scenes also was installed in my home page. But not AM Server.

I must delete and re install again the AM Manager?

Thank you and best regards,

Highlighted
WEMO Maker Inventor

Nope, the AM Server comes with AutomationManager.   This is the part that turns an android phone into a server/hub for your devices; the HomeBridge then connects (bridges) the AM Server to HomeKit.

You run the AM Server by adding the AM Server widget to your home screen as per the instructions in the link that I provided. 

Hi MikeP,

Good morning,

I follow your instructions and finally I activated the AMserver and AM Homekit Bridge started.

I don’t know about Android devices and now a message displayed by AM Home bridge say me The Pin for pairing. How to pairAM home bridge with Wemo Bridge?

I think this my last step,

Thank you and best regards,