WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is Wemo Maker compatible with Wemo Bridge?

Re: Is Wemo Maker compatible with Wemo Bridge?

That what i see bridge not support Wemo maker. Today i instal my Wemo bridge and i dont see my gate.

[ Edited ]

Hi, Everyone! The Wemo Bridge is compatible only with Wemo Mini, Insight, Light Switch, Dimmer, Switch and Motion Sensor. We'll relay this to our Development Team for future references. Thanks.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Wemo maker is one of the best solutions for smart gate and garage door openers on the market, with the compatibility of wemo bridge it would be the best! Come on guys please re consider its extinction and add it back to your line up.. thanks

I like that hardware and tool a lot. I had no idea they had it. It would be great and a better alternative to the very expensive garage door specific solutions.

I'm Wemo Maker and Wemo Switch and Motion user in Spain.

Please reconsider and include in Wemo Bridge the Wemo Maker compatibility.

Now in Spain thare are a lot of used Wemo Maker sales on web shops because no caompatibility with Wemo Bridge.

Thank you and Best Regards,

WEMO Maker Inventor

I published the HomeBridge for AutomationManager on Google Play for beta yesterday.  It supports the Wemo Maker and Wemo Link + LEDs as well as the other belkin devices plus TP Link, Hue, and custom ESP8266 devices.  BTW an ESP8266 device makes an excellent and inexpensive replacement for the Wemo Maker, < $10.  See my site for more info for that.

To run it you need a low end android device (check bestbuy for a prepaid, usually $20-$30) to run as a hub, and from Google Play AutomationManager (the hub/server) plus  AutomationManager Homebridge.  And of course an apple device Smiley Happy.

I've put the HomeBridge at an introductory price for a week while I work out any remaining kinks so if you're ok with the bleeding edge it's a good time to get going.

I know this might seem like spam, but let's face it, belkin isn't going to invest anything more in their dead products.  Look how poorly they treated the Wemo Baby owners (those poor children Smiley Wink!), how they've left us with a nearly useless Wemo Link and bulbs, you can't get the Wemo Maker anymore, and they haven't fixed KRACK in the cooker, heater, coffee maker, etc.  This alternative might save your investment.

WEMO Maker Inventor

Speaking of the Wemo Maker, I couldn't find it listed at all in the planned/existing belkin firmware updates for the KRACK fix, and it doesn't seem to have been updated with the other devices.  So it may even be more dead than it seemed.